Microsoft Band 2 Doesn't Work With Lumia 950XL (yet)?

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I have Lumia 950xl and I am planning to buy a Microsoft band 2. So before buying it, I thought to download the app. But, when I search in store I am not able to find it. So, I went google'd for link which it opened in the store and it says Microsoft health not currently available. Can anyone help with this issue?

thalador

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I have Lumia 950xl and I am planning to buy a Microsoft band 2. So before buying it, I thought to download the app. But, when I search in store I am not able to find it. So, I went google'd for link which it opened in the store and it says Microsoft health not currently available. Can anyone help with this issue?

I just checked on my 950XL and the MS health app is there in the store.

UKPal

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Congratulations PhiI! I can feel your relief ;)

I'm stuck in a similar situation. Band 2sees 950XL,phone doesn't see Band.

I've tried everything suggested in this forum and yours looks like it should work (albeit substituting an iPhone 5 for the Android phone - which, of course works perfectly with my Band 2).

I'm wondering whether you can just add a few more (*****'s Guide) steps to your process as to when and when Bluetooth was turned on and off and when you reset your device and/or reinstall the App. I figure I'm getting something wrong as the fix isn't working for me and I just can't crack it.

I realise you posted a while ago and maybe you've forgotten those details and moved on...if so, I don't blame you, it's so frustrating!

Mine was working fine until I had to soft reset my 950XL and now all this trouble!

Here are the steps I followed to get mine to finally work:

Just got it to work.
In my situation where I could always pair my Band 2 to my Nexus 6 without fail I followed these steps to get my Band 2 to finally work with my Lumia 950XL.
1) Start Add Band process on my Nexus 6. On my Band 2 I selected Windows Phone instead of Android (Not sure this is needed but it seemed logical to me).
2) Finish successfully adding the Band to my Nexus 6 and turned off Bluetooth on my Nexus 6.
3) On my Lumia 950XL I uninstalled and reinstalled MS Health App and I had the My Microsoft Band option but when hitting it you can't actually see the Band 2 information.
4) On my Band 2 I went to settings and Bluetooth and turned it off, turned it to 'pairing' and it asks if I'm pairing to iPhone and I said no. Waited for pair between 950XL and Band 2. After successful pairing I went into MS Health App and I am able to use everything just like on my Android but now with the added ability to use Cortana.
I'm thrilled, and hope this works/helps for anyone else in the same situation.
-Phil

PhilWitt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi UKPal,

When I turned off the Bluetooth on step 2 it was more to disconnect my band 2 from my Nexus 6. I don't know if this step really added any value but I did it because when I go from one set of Bluetooth speakers to another set of Bluetooth speakers I usually power one set off before powering the other set on and then everything goes smoothly.
That being said I'm not sure this process is valid any more after MS has updated the Windows Mobile Store version of the MS Health app.
Sorry I can't be of more help. I've actually shoved my 950XL into the desk drawer and I'm on my second Band 2 after the first one tore in the band and I had to fight with MS to get a replacement.
I still enjoy my (2nd) Band 2 over android wear watches but this experience has been one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my lifetime. I still think the MS Mobile eco system has the most potential but MS is really hurting themselves with bad experiences like these.

Good luck!

-Phil

andrewstuart

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same issue too (band 2 XL 950). Finished up playing soccer and using the run tile with GPS function with no other recorded issues.
Tried to sync and received the band not recognised error "out of the blue". I reset the band, deleted blue tooth, reinstalled Health app and every other soloution plus the suggested ones on this page with no luck. I then succesfully synced and paired with an Iphone, so no issue with the band!

Long story short I did a full factory reset of the XL 950 and it all works again (for now...):grincry:

andreabarbera

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
After factory resetting my Lumia 640 (to get it off the Slow Ring to the Production release) the Health app doesn't see the Band 2 anymore. I also reset the Band, but the Health app refuses to connect to the Band despite succesfully pairing on Bluetooth with the phone. It worked fine before resetting the phone.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
After factory resetting my Lumia 640 (to get it off the Slow Ring to the Production release) the Health app doesn't see the Band 2 anymore. I also reset the Band, but the Health app refuses to connect to the Band despite succesfully pairing on Bluetooth with the phone. It worked fine before resetting the phone.

When you paired it did you do it through the Bluetooth settings on your phone, or did you leave it unpaired until you went through the setup in the health app? i believe you shouldn't pair it except by using the health app.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The only problem I have with my 2x Band2's and 2x 950xl is they refuse connect to Cortana for voice search etc - but Cortana can connect to the band for messages all day - so it lies
Kinda sux but who needs Cortana - I can live with out you! <if your listening> hehe

Yazanova

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I can pair my band to my lima 930 using Bluetooth but the app doesn't detect my band at all. Tried all the steps above no luck, tried it on iPhone and it worked great. I got it to work with Microsoft band sync application. Only problem it wouldn't send phone and Mss notifications. Its funny that a Microsoft product has better compatibility to iPhone and android than windows 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi