Keyboard Doesn't Work on Band 2

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my new MS Band 2 and I like it a lot. I really enjoy being able to see my text messages on the band. For some reason, though, I cannot get the keyboard to work. When I click on the keyboard icon it says "Keyboard Please Type "Have Fun"". I have tried to ignore this and simply type a message and I have also tried to type "Have Fun", thinking maybe the keyboard needs to initialize before I can use it. Either way, I can get one or two letters to highlight, but then it seems to lock up. Am I doing something wrong or does my band not work?

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Yup you have to type "Have Fun" based on my experience. Then swipe left to confirm what you typed. You can go into settings and navigate to "Keyboard" and press the tutorial button. I am amazed how easy it us to type in such a small kb.

Victor Engel

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
...one does only have this option with a Windows Phone, right? I have an iPhone 6 (iOS) and on my Band 2 I do not see a Keyboard at all, not even in Settings.

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
...one does only have this option with a Windows Phone, right? I have an iPhone 6 (iOS) and on my Band 2 I do not see a Keyboard at all, not even in Settings.

Hi Victor,

Keyboard replies work on Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2, Windows 10 Mobile, and Android 4.4+.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I have no keyboard icon on my Band 2 connected to a Lumia 1520.3 running 10586.36. (Also, presently, Cortana isn't working on Lumia due presumable to waited updates). What do you guys make of that?

Biff Henderson

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow, thanks a million. My keyboard "wasn't working" either. I didn't know that I actually had to type "Have Fun" in order to continue and activate that feature. I though it was just giving me an example as to what I could type. Not good UI.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Keyboard, for the most part works great. On occasion, however, it will say"Connecting" and then do nothing. At first I thought is was because my phone was out of Bluetooth range, but I have seen this same message when the phone was right next to my band. Must be a glitch in either the phone or the band's Bluetooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes