How many times did I move or wake up during sleep?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

The Band2 tells me how long I slept for.

But doe it tell me how many times I got up and for how long?

Thanks,

Mr. V

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

The Band2 tells me how long I slept for.

But doe it tell me how many times I got up and for how long?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Hello again Mr V.!

When the Band says number of times woken up, what we define woken up as being is not necessarily dancing around your bedroom, but rather our threshold is at the moment in time when you are just barely between being asleep and awake. Think of when reality starts to intrude on your dreams and you kind of have that choice to wake up or not. That is our "awake".

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Of course it will also count how many times you got up to see a man about a horse.

I wonder if this would be a good tool for chronic sleepwalkers - too bad sleep doesn't use GPS!

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Hello again Mr V.!

When the Band says number of times woken up, what we define woken up as being is not necessarily dancing around your bedroom, but rather our threshold is at the moment in time when you are just barely between being asleep and awake. Think of when reality starts to intrude on your dreams and you kind of have that choice to wake up or not. That is our "awake".

Hey devbent, I always appreciate your posts. Just curious, what sensors is the band using during sleep? You've got 11 but I doubt Barometric Altimeter is one of them, but who's know? Certainly you better than any of us!

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey devbent, I always appreciate your posts. Just curious, what sensors is the band using during sleep? You've got 11 but I doubt Barometric Altimeter is one of them, but who's know? Certainly you better than any of us!

Hi Captain_Eric,

I'm not qualified to speak to what all sensors are used for sleep. I the band uses heart rate and accelerometer in combination with some other sensors but I do not know exactly which ones.

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
This would be very interesting to know. I love the band's sleep analysis and it is one reason I switched to the band from Fitbit. I believe the basis peak uses some combination of the accelerometer, skin temp, HR, and GSR- quite interested in finding out if the band does something similar -

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
In addition to some of the questions posted here, I've wondered about the level of sleep restoration reported on the health app - poor, moderate, good. I've had nights with long stretches of restful sleep, but still only scoring a moderate. And nights with very little restful sleep, but a 'good' score. It's not obvious how these are calculated, any thoughts?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how they calculate this and is there a way to re calibrate this. According to the band2 I get around 7 hours of sleep a night and about 30-60 minutes are restful.
I am going to try to find some sleep experts!

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I do sleep on bus some times, computer style with reclining seats, and I've noticed that it doesn't ever register. Of course accelerometer is bouncing around like I'm not still. Doesn't matter for me as I don't do this often or for long, but if someone traveled a lot by plane and slept would be nice to have a way to track it.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I am pretty sure all sleep apps are gimmicky at best. I had a respiratory virus and slept at most 3 hours that night and it said I had 6 hours of light sleep and the quality was "good."

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Sleep monitoring has been pretty interesting to see. There are certainly a variety of improvements that I would like to see and have voted for in the Feedback system, but overall it's been a positive experience. Obviously there are limitations to using a health band like this to get a truly accurate picture of sleep, but it seems to correspond pretty well to my self observations/feelings the next morning.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The sleep monitoring is a joke. Most nights it shows me being awake for long stretches at a time when I'm sound asleep, and it also shows little-to-no restful sleep. Hell, one night it showed me as being awake for a solid 4 hours! I'm pretty sure I would remember that.

Then the other night I actually DID have a bit of insomnia, and after an hour of unsuccessfully trying to sleep I got up and watched TV for a couple of hours. The next day it showed me having a half hour of sleep while I was wide awake!

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I find sleep monitoring pretty accurate, as far as I can tell anyway. Even if I don't hit the sleep function it still does a good job of detecting sleep and the related details. I think it's probably the best functioning feature of the Band2.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Me too. It works well enough for me. I guessing here, but maybe keep trying it; it might "learn" your sleep patterns. Or maybe try starting it manually.

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I find it to be pretty accurate.... I do wish I could click into the chart to see time ranges for each bar in the sleep graph as well as HR values through the night.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the numbers are super accurate. But I use it for trends. If says I get 6 hours a night and one day it shows 1 hour - well, I would look into it.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I think almost all bands or activity trackers are still in their infancy.. I feel at least for another few more years we won't see a truly accurate wristband.

I really like these manufacturers concentrate on developing a real activity tracker rather than jack of all trades but master of none.

A tracker that one can wear when swimming, chopping trees down, clearing snow or making love..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb