Microsoft Band 2 Defect

anon(7822905)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
So I just bought a Microsoft Band 2 about a month ago and it has been working fine for me. Until just about a week ago I had it about 50-60% charged and I took it to the gym to workout with and at the end of my workout I got on the treadmill and It just was off. I figured that it had died on me midway so I got home and tried to charge it and I gave me the charging icon at the top right corner and it said 0%. I charge my Band from my computer's USB 3.0 port and the Band vibrated and the computer beeped indicating to me that It was charging. However after an hour it didn't charge one bit but it would let me open the OS on it up like it was fully charged and working. So I just did a factory reset. After that It has just been a black screen with the charging icon on it with 0% charged and the little tiny, tiny loading bar at the bottom of the screen to the left for the factory reset progression and it is just blinking not loading and proceeding with the continuation of the factory reset.

Also, to dually note a few troubleshooting points I forgot to mention... I did try different wall ports because I figured it was the computer not charging it. I also left it at a wall port I know works over night and it still just left it at 0% charged << (This was after the factor of resetting it to the factory settings)

Is there another way I can fix this?
I have insurance, should I just see if they can fix it?
Is this a common problem?

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
There is a known issue that a wire inside the rubber strap can become overly stressed due to flexing. This can cause the Band to die unexpectedly until reconnected to a charger or the Band will just stop taking a charge completely.

I just set up a warranty exchange yesterday for this issue. Had to use the chat option to contact a representative because the website's automated system said there were no repair options. The rep told me that if the warranty has not been voided by misuse, they would send a replacement, but if they don't have any stock on hand for a replacement, they would issue a refund.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/band/tech-services/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes