Tablet mode background

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to have a different background for tablet mode than in desktop mode?

I don't really like seeing my desktop theme background behind all my live tiles when in tablet mode, so I wanted to try to mimic the type of background look we had in 8.1. But I can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this even possible?

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just tried it with transparency off. That is pretty close to what I am looking for, but I don't think there is a way to change the background color. Hopefully more customization options are added in the future.

wnwnhp

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
If you like whatever you have on screen to be live background behind start screen

Desktop mode, make start menu full screen
Open task manager, Under details tab, long press (right click) on dwm.exe, select end task, another message box pop up then select end process. That should do it. Now hit start button (fullscreen of course ) and it should be transparent

Now whatever you have on screen will become live wallpaper (or live video ) see through the start screen.
you can actually see what's happening behind start screen in desktop or tablet mode

Switching between modes still keep transparent start screen

If you don't want transparent start screen and go back to default, just turn off full screen start menu in desktop mode (in settings, personalization, start)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo