The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I'm wondering if there is any way to use Microsoft Display Dock with current laptop or desktop PC as a USB hub and display adapter? Or with future PCs or is it possible for someone to make an adapter for current PCs.

It may not be any good. But my idea is to place it at my work place with mouse, keyboard, and monitor attached. And when I bring my laptop to work I just have to plug only one cable to get started with second screen and peripherals ready.
    Last edited by anuith; 01-25-2016 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Add 'future' part and ask for possibilities.
    01-22-2016 10:11 AM
    I'm wondering if there is any way to use Microsoft Display Dock with my laptop or desktop PC as a USB hub and display adapter.

It may not be any good. But my idea is to place it at my work place with mouse, keyboard, and monitor attached. And when I bring my laptop to work I just have to plug only one cable to get started with second screen and peripherals ready.
    Dose your pc or laptop even have usb-c ?
    01-24-2016 10:45 PM
    My current PC does not have one. But maybe in the future more PCs have USB-C included. Or is it possible for someone to make an adapter for it?
    01-25-2016 08:18 PM
    I don't think the Dock would work at its current state with anything other than Continuum-supported phones running Windows 10 Mobile.

That being said, aside from trying to lock hardware to specific docks to encourage sale of proprietary accessories, it should be possible to make a standard dock that drives a display through USB-C and provides other ports that could work with Continuum phones and PCs with USB-C.

That would really be attractive for hot desks as someone could just plug in any phone, tablet, or laptop and get to work.
    01-29-2016 04:07 PM