I feel like continuum might be useful if it would keep my external monitor on all the time. Instead the phone keeps locking turning off my screen (external monitor). Maybe there's an easy solution for this but havent been able to find it.
    06-06-2016 10:26 PM
    Yeah, it was actually mentioned when Continuum first came out that there's an app for just what you're asking for. Disable Screen by thXer. Look it up. :D
    06-06-2016 10:44 PM
    So i have to run an app to make continuum work. Microsoft is so good sometimes and other times they are so completely stupid. I don't understand
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-07-2016 09:09 AM
    Yeah, disable screen app works to turn the screen off, but your phone will still time out because the screen isn't moving. So if you leave for a pee break, your phone will lock even with the disable screen app.

A work around this is to get 2(minimum) black photos and put them in a slide show. That way, there are 'moving images' on your phone and it won't lock.

Sent from space.
    vt12 and Sammibulin like this.
    06-09-2016 07:58 PM
    You can simply change the settings on your phone so that your screen never locks automatically. Guess this would solve your problem
    08-05-2016 04:12 AM
    This is the biggest drawback to using continuum, now that they have patched in Ethernet support.

Missing some of the old emotes though. Yummy and angry, my two favourite ones (especially for talking to girls) are gone
    08-05-2016 07:22 AM
    Originally posted by Gerade_Kurve
    You can simply change the settings on your phone so that your screen never locks automatically. Guess this would solve your problem
    With the Lumia 950/950XL the maximum time it can stay on is 5 minutes because of the AMOLED screen.

Found a solution anyway, use the app NoSleep by Humboldt Apps, it won't lock your phone even if you go past the timer as opposed to Disable screen'.
    xandros9 and vt12 like this.
    08-05-2016 09:04 PM
    Originally posted by kkaykaykay
    Originally posted by Gerade_Kurve
    With the Lumia 950/950XL the maximum time it can stay on is 5 minutes because of the AMOLED screen.

Found a solution anyway, use the app NoSleep by Humboldt Apps, it won't lock your phone even if you go past the timer as opposed to Disable screen'.
    Thanks for bringing this app to our attention! Keeping the screen from locking is absolutely priceless for music streaming and just generally stopping every app closing when you walk away for a moment.
    08-20-2016 12:29 AM
    This is good stuff. The only downside to NoSleep (so far) is it doesn't show notifications, clock, etc.; just blanks the screen. But I can live with that. Two taps on the screen and everything is right there as I left it.
    08-25-2016 10:33 PM
    Originally posted by LeslieRScott
    This is good stuff. The only downside to NoSleep (so far) is it doesn't show notifications, clock, etc.; just blanks the screen. But I can live with that. Two taps on the screen and everything is right there as I left it.
    You mean glance screen?
    Well, the app was designed to be just black screen anyway. But now that I'm thinking about it could be possible to add it as an option. Would be hard I imagine.
    08-26-2016 08:07 PM
    Blackout looks good as an alternate too.
    daimv likes this.
    09-21-2016 04:49 PM