What U will Do to get CORTANA (non - us)

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Koodo in Canada and have a unlocked Canadian branded Rogers 8x and can't change phone language to US. So it's just not unbranded/EU HTC phones with this problem.

Udai Rana

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
After changing my language to English US Cortana worked but cant open my music so App anymore anyone else for the same problem please tell. Any fixes you have in mind

Udai Rana

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hermantj I have tried to no prevail, although the language has downloaded for US there is no way to delete any other language that's on as well.

u dont need to delete the language all u need to do is move up the language ... whichever language is on top will be the default language of the phone

Ezequiel Aguilar

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys but it seems does not working all the Solutions here. Even I tried a Hard Reset and nothing. I do not know why the phone language stay in UK or Mexico and does not change to the one I select (US). It seems to me there is a bug with the Regi?n and the Languages. For me the Regi?n will superseed every other language, keyboard, speech, etc option, but in this developer edition it is not working.
We will need to wait for another update from the WP Guys. :(

HomeyJay

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the uk and have Cortana working without any problems but seriously, I have no idea what the fuss is about. We went through all this sh*t when Siri came out and everyone said how it was going to change everything. What a load of cobblers. No one wants to instruct a virtual assistant verbally when there are people around. "Remind me to get some toilet tissue", "tell xxxx that I won't be home till 9" etc etc. Who wants to make this info public on a bus or office? No one, that's who.
Once the fuss dies down, no one will use it, just like Siri and the Google equivalent.

For those who still want her in the uk:
- change the keyboard to US
- change the language to US
- change the region to US
- change speech to US
You'll need to re-boot between these steps and maybe download a speech pack too.
- check for phone update. You'll find one. Install it.
Re boot, look in your apps list, Cortana will be there.

dryspuri

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the uk and have Cortana working without any problems but seriously, I have no idea what the fuss is about. We went through all this sh*t when Siri came out and everyone said how it was going to change everything. What a load of cobblers. No one wants to instruct a virtual assistant verbally when there are people around. "Remind me to get some toilet tissue", "tell xxxx that I won't be home till 9" etc etc. Who wants to make this info public on a bus or office? No one, that's who.
Once the fuss dies down, no one will use it, just like Siri and the Google equivalent.

For those who still want her in the uk:
- change the keyboard to US
- change the language to US
- change the region to US
- change speech to US
You'll need to re-boot between these steps and maybe download a speech pack too.
- check for phone update. You'll find one. Install it.
Re boot, look in your apps list, Cortana will be there.

problem with this is, store is not UK store, its US store, and you can not buy apps, using ur UK address based payment methods,
I am so cross with microsoft, why not release it worldwide and do the tests, thats what ultimate aim is, isnt it!

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
problem with this is, store is not UK store, its US store, and you can not buy apps, using ur UK address based payment methods,
I am so cross with microsoft, why not release it worldwide and do the tests, thats what ultimate aim is, isnt it!

I have no problems using my Australian Credit card in the US store. If you want any local apps (cant be many you don't have already) install them via your desktop if you want cortana so bad. Otherwise just wait for it to roll out. Don't know why you are so mad. It's not your RIGHT to have it now. Just calm the hell down man and wait until its ready.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes