Cortana works only with data connection on???

ravi jami

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm from India and updated my Lumia 720 to WP8.1.
Unfortunately for Cortana to work I had to leave my region settings to US and US English. Though I'm still not aware of other side effects of this.

And also one more thing I observed is Cortana is working only if mobile data connection is on or Wi-Fi is on. If both are off, then Cortana is also not working.
This felt little uncomfortable because if mobile data connection is left on it may consume data over 3G which is a costly one.
Any idea if this is an expected behaviour and if so any solution for this problem?

Also,after upgrading to WP8.1 unable to access the Appstore.Any solution for this problem too?

Many thanks in advance

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm from India and updated my Lumia 720 to WP8.1.
Unfortunately for Cortana to work I had to leave my region settings to US and US English. Though I'm still not aware of other side effects of this.

And also one more thing I observed is Cortana is working only if mobile data connection is on or Wi-Fi is on. If both are off, then Cortana is also not working.
This felt little uncomfortable because if mobile data connection is left on it may consume data over 3G which is a costly one.
Any idea if this is an expected behaviour and if so any solution for this problem?

Also,after upgrading to WP8.1 unable to access the Appstore.Any solution for this problem too?

Many thanks in advance

Cortana will work offline, but only for the basic of things, such as turning on or off flight mode, and the standard opening apps that you could do with TellMe on WP 8.0.
Cortana will use background data if a mobile data connection is present, I can't think of a way at the moment to turn Cortana off whilst data is on except turning Cortana fully off, by going to Settings (scroll to applications) > Cortana > switch to off.

Sorry it's not much help, but give it a try!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon