Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Egads... I have been running the internal build for so long that I don't even know what's released and what's not anymore. We're pushing out changes as quickly as we can so keep looking out! Things are happening!! :D

Quick question, if some people are seeing a change on Cortana (dividers, weather icon on the live tile..etc) but some of us we don't see the change yet, since it's a server-side update, shouldn't we all see and get the changes at the same time?

Again thanks a lot to write, reply, update us with this...REALLY REALLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!... P.S. can't wait to have Cortana in Canada! :)

Last edited:

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Cortana keeps prompting me to go through my interests now, but every time I accept I get the same error "I can't get to my questions right now. I'll ask about this later". Is anybody getting this?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For the people that got the update and if you have time, mind posting some screenshots.

I would like the see the difference, the feedback section and the new live tile....

thanks in advance!!!

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What? It's all disappeared, all the changes since this morning! I've no dividers anymore, no feedback link at the bottom, no prompt anymore to go through my interests, no weather live icon. The only thing that has stayed is the stock watchlist taken from Bing Finance, but probably because it has been imported in my interests profile. What's happening? It has been rolled back?

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
What? It's all disappeared, all the changes since this morning! I've no dividers anymore, no feedback link at the bottom, no prompt anymore to go through my interests, no weather live icon. The only thing that has stayed is the stock watchlist taken from Bing Finance, but probably because it has been imported in my interests profile. What's happening? It has been rolled back?

Just noticed that...lol Thought I was going crazy when all of the sudden Cortana stopped saying my name.

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Same here

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
thanks everybody...now maybe something wrong happen and they decided to roll back and fix it.

Let's hope Talderon can clear this mystery for us :)

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Are we gonna get the option to manually input work schedules? Would be awesome if she told me to go to work. I think the issue for me is I have to go to the main building to punch myself in, and then go to my building. I inputted the main building's address, which I have to be at at the right time. It's a bit variable when I get to my building. Blargh.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Another new thing with Cortana (before it was pulled) that I haven't seen mentioned is if you asked her "Who is [insert name]?" she would pull up the Wikipedia entry and read out loud a few sentences about the person. Pretty cool. Before she used to do just a Bing search.

New
wp_ss_20140529_0001.png

Previous
wp_ss_20140530_0001.png

Deofol

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Wowowowow.. :p

I agree. @Talderon I'm not sure of the logistics to get Cortana to refer to wiki for the answers, but this seems like the most logical place for all human inquiries (for now). Having Cortana refer to wiki and read a summary seems very personal. Dumping to a Bing search is the difference in believing the technology and just another gimmick.

At some point, if not already (which I'm sure you are on top of), you need to work the ability to have Cortana's responses be crowd sourced. As power users and/or developers (or certified contributors), there should be an elevated status to instruct Cortana to correct answers that could be enjoyed by all.

If you do that; Much in the same mindset of Wikipedia, this could grow much larger than any one of us could imagine.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I agree. @Talderon I'm not sure of the logistics to get Cortana to refer to wiki for the answers, but this seems like the most logical place for all human inquiries (for now). Having Cortana refer to wiki and read a summary seems very personal. Dumping to a Bing search is the difference in believing the technology and just another gimmick.

At some point, if not already (which I'm sure you are on top of), you need to work the ability to have Cortana's responses be crowd sourced. As power users and/or developers (or certified contributors), there should be an elevated status to instruct Cortana to correct answers that could be enjoyed by all.

If you do that; Much in the same mindset of Wikipedia, this could grow much larger than any one of us could imagine.

If you do that the degenerate among us would create bots to give Cortana perverted instructions.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

She already pulls down and reads info from Wikipedia if you ask:

How old is __?
How tall is __?
When is __'s birthday/When was __ born?
Where was __ born/Where is __ from?
When did __ die?
Where is __ buried?
Who is __ married to/Who is __'s wife or husband?
Who are __'s parents?
Who are __'s children/kids?
When was __ founded?
Where is __? (works for some things)

She doesn't speak the following inquiries out loud:

How much is __ worth?
What is __ profession?

So the new "Who is __?" is a nice addition to a growing list of commands. I'd like to see Cortana read "What is __?" definitions some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077