Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, anyone know if cortana comes in the new cyan upgrade in Australia? I installed the DP 8.1 in my lumia 1320 but cortana is not installed. Thanks

Have you changed your region & language settings? I'm replacing my 8x soon, probably for the 1320 & was hoping its not bound like the 8x.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is only available to you if you change the region/language of your phone to English US. We don't know at this point when Cortana will be released outside of the US - could be this year, could be next year, maybe even 2016.

Lol.....touchiest subject on this forum.

I heard from a friend who's brother-in-law's cousin knows a guy who works for the restaurant that delivers pizza to the security guard at the main gate at MS Head Office that Cortana's global release is timed for release with How To Train Your Dragon......7

Trufax

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
lol.....touchiest subject on this forum.

I heard from a friend who's brother-in-law's cousin knows a guy who works for the restaurant that delivers pizza to the security guard at the main gate at ms head office that cortana's global release is timed for release with how to train your dragon......7

trufax

^qft 😆

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just change ur region and language to US but keep it format Aussie so u get dates the way we have it eg d/m/y
Sent from my Lumia 925 8.1

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Just change ur region and language to US but keep it format Aussie so u get dates the way we have it eg d/m/y
Sent from my Lumia 925 8.1

This is also what I have done but I've noticed that not all apps respect the 'Regional Format' setting, for example the default Calendar app still has the dates in US m/d/y format when creating a new appointment.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Because... how would I know when the plane is scheduled to land? I'm not that good at telling how far away I am from 30,000 feet up. The pilot only updates you when they are basically ready to land.
What kind of major airline today does not provide real-time flight status? Maybe the budget ones? I always use this feature when flying Singapore Airlines, even the transfer info, baggage claim info and other stuff are available.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This is also what I have done but I've noticed that not all apps respect the 'Regional Format' setting, for example the default Calendar app still has the dates in US m/d/y format when creating a new appointment.

Really?? Mine is all metric, I use Aussie so maybe that will help. I wish Microsoft? would just release it so we didn't have to play these games 😞

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To Talderon: With the announcement from Nadella, how do you think this will help accelerate Cortana for the future?

For those of you who didn't read it:
Microsoft's Nadella promotes internal sharing of project code by employees | Windows Phone Central
Potentially, this would mean that Cortana would have better/tighter integration with other parts of Microsoft.

​Do you see this as a help or hindrance? Thanks.

Ok, here is the deal with Cortana and other parts of Microsoft.

Keep in mind that this is in NO WAY official at all.

What powers Cortana?

Bing

What is integrated into the OS, Office Apps (desktop and Office Online), SharePoint, {list other server apps}, Xbox (360 and especially One) among others?

Bing

You see where I am going right?

Bing, which is the brains and the driving technology behind Cortana is already there. It's already a part of almost everything Microsoft does. Why is it such a leap for people to see that Cortana WILL COME to the OS line and the Console Line? Trust me on this, Threshold is already in the works and guess what? Oh, wait, not allowed to tell that part... damn...

Cortana was not intended to be a flagship product, but it is shaping out to be something a lot bigger and with the potential she has and the growth she is showing, she'll becoming a household name not only from Halo games, but in the very fabric of Microsoft. The new direction Microsoft is going with their Online Services, Shared Infrastructure and Code Sharing, tell me she's not going to be playing a pivotal part of our Microsoft lives?

Look, as I stated before, Cortana is going to be everywhere and will be global. Microsoft is working VERY HARD to get her released to everyone. It is going to take time and more work than anyone not working on it could ever imagine.

Cortana wiped out the Bing landscape and re-drew it in a new, better way. Change takes time and people need to give Microsoft time. Will the wait be worth it? Me, personally, I have seen a glimpse of the future that is to come and I am more excited about what Microsoft is going to bring in the next year or two and beyond that I have EVER been before and think that people who are writing off Microsoft and their vision and direction is going to be eating a HUGE helping of crow in the near future.

Laugh, disbelieve and doubt all you want. Microsoft is not playing catch-up anymore. Microsoft is raising the bar and breaking records by leaps and bounds and there is no sign of stopping.

Yes, I am a VERY proud employee, but I have been this way about the potential of the technology Microsoft has been working on way before I was ever an employee.

******? I have been called worse by better people (not saying people here are not good people, just a saying to make a point), but you know what? I really could care less. I am as passionate about other companies as I am with Microsoft, but this is where I get to just geek out and play.

Holy hell... sorry all, this kinda ran out of control. Okay, it really ran out of control. Slap me if you feel the need. :D

I had to wipe my phone again because of the stupid *** Wi-Fi sense issue with 8.1 (Don't know about it? Turn the damn thing off until they fix it).

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
@Talderon, at least you're human after all. I thought you were Cortana's bot. He he

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
@talderon wp8.1 rollout started already 625 & 925 got it and i am,waiting for my phone when it is available i am going to use cortana like others...does it will cause any errors when official cortana to India takes place in future ?? U told its in work but sorry can't wait for official launch in India,..😋😋

Last edited:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Talderon you are such a tease with the Threshold comment! Aaarghhh... Wish you could tell more. Especially whether this new great stuff is US only or does it include the rest of the world. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Talderon you are such a tease with the Threshold comment! Aaarghhh... Wish you could tell more. Especially whether this new great stuff is US only or does it include the rest of the world. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Everything will be coming to everywhere. WHEN is the question. I am not going to say the 4 letter *oo* word, but it's coming faster than you all think.

LSDigital

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I think Threshold only means Cortana on W9.
It's a sad day for MS, but at least they are cleaning up the X mess!
I just wished that those 18.000 souls could help Cortana development for a month or two, that would be great!
By the way, there's been changes to Bing outside USA. I'd love to know something more about it.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Everything will be coming to everywhere. WHEN is the question. I am not going to say the 4 letter *oo* word, but it's coming faster than you all think.
Good to hear because I am not in the US, U.K. or China, so lets hope it's very *oo*
😃
thanks!!!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think Threshold only means Cortana on W9.
It's a sad day for MS, but at least they are cleaning up the X mess!
I just wished that those 18.000 souls could help Cortana development for a month or two, that would be great!
By the way, there's been changes to Bing outside USA. I'd love to know something more about it.

The changes to Bing you are seeing outside US (more features and bringing things more in line to what the US version of Bing is) are changes needed to bring Cortana to market with full functionality. :D

Good to hear because I am not in the US, U.K. or China, so lets hope it's very *oo*
��
thanks!!!

Where you at?

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Please let us know any information about when it is coming to India! :) Pls respond..it wud be very helpful
Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2