What Cortana Needs to Really Improve Life

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I went into the bathroom the other day and forgot what I went in there for. This happens all the time, and not just in the bathroom. Then I thought of the one reply killer app Cortana needs.

She needs access to our thoughts to make this work, but I'm sure someone at Microsoft is already working on that. When you get up to go do something, she should sense hesitation at arrival. The kind of hesitation that comes from arriving and forgetting what the reason for the destination was. Then she needs to make her little reminder sound and say, "You came here to (full in the blank)."

I know I'm not the only one out there who could benefit greatly from this app. I know there are a lot of kids in technology, but there are plenty my age who grew up with the Atari 2600, remote controls with wires, spelling words out, and popcorn that popped in the stove. Many of us could seriously improve our lives with an app like this.

So who's with me???

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"Cortana, remind me to remind you to remind me that I need to pick up some toilet paper before I sit on the can."

anon(4213556)

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't think its impossible in the near future. As it is she can give us reminders based on location. Certainly the more information well allow technology to know about us will enable it to serve us better...

And then there was Skynet...but at least she isn't a muscle bound freak this time

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I think there's 2 things here. One is the thought reading process to create automatic reminders and the other is accurate location tracking in small and indoor areas (like your house).

The second thing can be solved already but requires more than GPS, you'd need a supporting infrastructure in your house (I think this is set up in some shopping centres/malls).

The first thing is a little more futuristic (like you I am sure it's being worked on) but in the interim maybe a 70% approach would be educated guesses based on past behaviour which could be collected over time? E.g. what did you do the last 3 times you went to the bathroom at this time and in this way (i.e. the path you took, the speed you went, etc. etc.) there's a heap of data that could be collected if you wanted and some smart algorithms could make reasonable guesses. Maybe Cortana can even tell you to go to the bathroom before you realise you want to, or maybe that's a step too far...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit