When will Cortana come to Germany?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cortana in Germany sounds like 10 years ago when there were still early computer voices that sound terribly artificial. When I listen to videos with Siri, she sounds so nice. But Cortana sounds like a damn machine, not a female voice (if one chooses that). Is that going to stay that way ?

She used to be like that in English too so I'd imagine they'd improve her voice eventually.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well Cortana came out a year ago right? Well how old is Siri? (and US Cortana isn't bad compared to that, maybe better)

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Cortana in Germany sounds like 10 years ago when there were still early computer voices that sound terribly artificial. When I listen to videos with Siri, she sounds so nice. But Cortana sounds like a damn machine, not a female voice (if one chooses that). Is that going to stay that way ?

Is it Cortana on WP8.1 or W10/W10 Mobile? In France, Cortana on WP8.1 uses the basic Microsoft female voice, except for trivia, jokes, etc. On W10 or W10 Mobile, it's always the more humane voice which is used.

Wolfseye

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Wenn ich Cortana Fragen stelle wie "Wer bist Du?" antwortet sie mir mit einer genauso menschlichen Stimme wie Siri oben im Video.

Correct. But if you ask "Wie ist das Wetter heute?", you will notice that she sounds a lot like one of those robot voices that computers have sound like 10 years ago. I cant speak for the english Version of Cortana, but the german Version still sounds too artificial. Siri does not. That said, No, i am no Apple ******. The opposite really. ;)

Cheers

Wolfseye

Wolfseye

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
And add to this the fact that the number of voice responses (and again I cannot talk about any other than the german language version) is very limited and mostly just brings me weblinks via Bing, while on Siri I get mostly spoken answers in addition to some web informations. On Android Cortana right now is in Beta, but on my 1520 with Cortana on the top right corner it still says Alpha. How can it be even worse in the OS where Cortana comes from than with a System it more less has been ported to recently ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon