"Something's Wrong"

Richard Durishin

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
"Something's wrong!"

I use a BT headset. After "Hey Cortana" was introduced (on 8.1), I reveled in my ability to say: "Hey Cortana" anywhere and have my phone come to life and my headset (Plantronics) beep so I could as a question, set a reminder or whatever. She even worked fairly well in the Preview on my 1520.

Then, I purchased a 950 to replace the 1520 on which I was running Preview. Now, 3/4 of the time that I say Hey Cortana, she doesn't understand - or hear - my question and responds: "Something's wrong." WTF?

Anyone else having this issue?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a device capable of Hey Cortana, so my help will only go so far. However, as no one else has chimed in yet with any assistance, then I'll just recommend you look at this article and see if it addresses anything for you. From what I understand, on the 1520, you had to say, "Hey, Cortana" then pause, then continue with the command. With the 950, there should be no pause. Perhaps that's part of it? Hey Cortana updated for some Windows 10 Mobile phones with new training system | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb