Cortana is not working.

PJ Suresh

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using windows 10 mobile with official update. I can't use Cortana search. News, weather updates and all ok. But i just can't use the search option. Please anyone help me out.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi ! I have the same problem,also unable to set reminders or alarms through Cortana after the upgrade .I also find that my speech to text is not working.Hard reset has not helped.(English India)

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I am unable to set Reminders from Cortana after official upgrade to W10M on Lumia 830.
Besides I found Live Tile for Cortana does not update. It will update with some data for first time, and continue displaying same data forever.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Which country and which phone please ?Mine is 535DS .I too have the tile problem.But I am really inconvenienced with the reminder and alarm setting problem,had got so used to it on 8.1.Is your voice dictation working ? Mine is not.

Ntei

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I leave in Greece and my 640 ds 3g is set on US, voice and alarms work on me. Also Cortana sometimes forgets that I have already used her and gives me the 1st time speech. I think I am gonna disable her.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Okay.Cortana has all my information and interests on my phone but neither can I type nor does she respond to voice commands,just crashes or does not respond.

Gaurav Sag

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
You all gyes are having same issue and this not a bug . Microsoft always develop its application according to USA and UK market . If you want to use Cortana with no issues you have to go with UK english or US english then and only you can use it . Secondly if you guys have any idea about ind my phone , That will also work if you select country region USA or UK .

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but Cortana is available in English India in W10 mobile whereas English India was not available in Windows phone 8.1

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/cortanas-regions-and-languages#v1h=tab01

.Cortana works flawlessly with English India speech setting on my laptop .Cortana shows all my interests and reminders etc on my mobile but I can't get her to interact either by talking or typing.With English UK she shows 'something is wrong just now please get back in a while'
Cortana also crashes at times

Gaurav Sag

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but Cortana is available in English India in W10 mobile whereas English India was not available in Windows phone 8.1

Link Cortana?s regions and languages - Windows Help -

.Cortana works flawlessly with English India speech setting on my laptop .Cortana shows all my interests and reminders etc on my mobile but I can't get her to interact either by talking or typing.With English UK she shows 'something is wrong just now please get back in a while'
Cortana also crashes at times

I did not say that Cortana is not available for English india . Its available but will not work . Secondly in speech also u have to do the same.

Last edited:

pratikgurlani

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Same issues here as you's. "Speech to Text" is not working on any app from keyboard. It simply gives a message "Try again" as I press the listening microphone button on keyboard. Also, Cortana doesnt work listening the voice. It shows my interest but crashes when I make her to listen.
I'm using L720 insider preview build 10586.218. Everything set to English (India)
Helpless.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi pratikgurlani,I am on .218 but not on insider(535DS) and had same issues inspite of hard reset.I did another hard reset and a clean install a few days back and after all the apps installed I downloaded English UK for speech though I did not set it as my default.Just before installing English UK my Speech to text showed 'try again',but just after downloading and installing it but leaving English India as default 'speech to text' started working though I did not change English India as my default speech language at any stage.Next I set up Cortana and it's working fine.I don't know why this happened but it worked for me.I had Cortana on English UK speech when I was on Windows 8.1 though everything else was set to India because there was no other way according to Microsoft we in India could get it to work.I am happy with my phone now with everything set to India and working flawlessly.I don't know if it will work for you though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon