Secret Cortana commands

locowd

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I asked cortana to call my "wife" on my phone and she did. The creepy part is that she called my "wife", even though I do not have (my wife) labeled or tagged as my wife anywhere. I just have her saved with her name (different last name), although the same address. Creepy but kinda cool.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I asked cortana to call my "wife" on my phone and she did. The creepy part is that she called my "wife", even though I do not have (my wife) labeled or tagged as my wife anywhere. I just have her saved with her name (different last name), although the same address. Creepy but kinda cool.

Oh, interesting, since in Windows 10 she lost the capability to have aliases that it had in Windows 8.1. You could set up aliases for your contacts and also could tell her who your family members are, IIRC.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Ask Cortana "Who does your voice" and it will reveal the name of the actress who voices her.

LOL... Not quite, she's a smart !!
kjsegu4.jpg

...!!

SeanD_Colorado

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Maybe? I am not sure why that would be though. Jen Taylor is the voice actress who voices Cortana in the Halo movies and for the digital assistant, so the answer would make sense regardless of region? But I have no idea, I get the response on both my Surface Pro and iPhone using Cortana, but of course they are in the same region :)

Daniel G3

Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
I'm surprised this list doesn't have more.

Here are some:
Cortana, tell me a joke.
Cortana, sing a song
Cortana, do you like dogs?
Cortana, will you marry me?
Cortana, knock knock
Cortana, what do you think of Siri?
Cortana what do you think of halo
Cortana, why are you blue?

Sent from mTalk

https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2014/05/05/hidden-tricks-cortana/

Hey Cortana, Roll die (1) dice (2)
Hey Cortana, Rock, Paper, Scissors
Hey Cortana, Open flashlight (on cells only)
Hey Cortana, Take a selfie (on cells only)
Hey Cortana, Read me a poem
Hey Cortana, Do an impression
Hey Cortana, I Love you

are just a few I use that many of my friends were not aware of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon