Hey Cortana doesn't work all the time

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't get hey Cortana to work all the time on mt Lumia 950. It's a hit and miss. Particularly when the screen is off It doesn't Respond to hey Cortana most of the time. Ive to wake up the screen and unlock the phone for it to work.

I'd the phone is unlocked and the screen is on, it works all the time.

Is there a way to fix this? I mainly need it to work when I drive and the screen is off.

jpm23

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
it is useless on 950

the main reason i bought this phone was because windows central claimed cortana could be accessed with voice only in stand by mode

i have hard rest several times, tried virtually every combination of privacy settings, including letting ms have full unrestricted access, and i cant even get past the first stage of hey cortana traning.

when i goto my search history in bing however, there they all are, endless searchs for traffic on the way home from work. searches cortana claimed it could not understand.

ugh.

Keith Lorenz

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. My "Hey Cortana" just does not work. It used to a few months ago. It just seemed to stop and I am not sure when. I have to manually activate Cortana if I want to use her. I am thinking of restoring to factory defaults, but I am afraid that I am going to lose some file that i have on the phone.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I have problems, as well. It works for a day or 2 or 5 then it stops. If I redo "Learn how I say 'Hey Cortana'" then it will work for another day or 2 or 5. Then I have to relearn all over.

Frustrating.

Last edited:

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
My experience is different. My hey Cortana works when she want to. Sometimes, she just decided to activate herself during the meeting without anyone calling her. Sometimes, she responded to me when I talk to the back microphone on my 950xl. Sometimes, she responded to me from the front microphone.

To conclude, my Cortana is lazy and love playing hide and seek. Naughty!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes