Has Cortana package tracking been removed?

BillReich

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed that package tracking is no longer in the Cortana Notebook on my Win 10 Surface or my HP Elite phone. Has package tracking been removed from Cortana??

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I was tracking 4 packages yesterday, today there is no reference for packages in Cortana at all...so it looks like the answer to your question is yes:angry:

RalphieD

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
It is still listed on the Cortana skills website. I hope this is only a temporary one, I used it a lot and it worked.. What the heck??

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I "sure" it will be back...Cortana is so F'd up right now it painful to use beyond the simple expectations.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
"Removed??"...Dang, you folk had Cortana package tracking? That must have been so cool. I vaguely remember microsoft bleating on about all those cool package/flight/hotel tracking features that Cortana was going to have...and then never did outside of a 20 mile radius of Seattle.

Sarcasm aside, Cortana pretty much encapsulates the frustrating, annoying and sad state of the game.

I love Windows 10. I have Surface Pro's, Surface Books and a Surface Go.

I game on Xbox and work in Windows. I pledged my allegiance to the Windows Mobile flag right up until the day it became clear it was dead, and when I moved to Android I immediately downloaded every Microsoft app available.

But man, Microsoft make it so damn hard sometimes.

Cortana was supposed to be this big, intelligent, disruptive thing that took Windows 10 to the next level. 4 years on and it's a scaled back, ultra basic programme that never reached 1% of the potential that Microsoft had planned.

And that pains me. I was one of those geeks that actually spent 2 years vocally instructing his phone to dictate messages, call numbers, open apps and set reminders. I actually believed that this was the start of the journey into having truly powerful artificial intelligence in my pocket.

Lol. Bummer. Turns out Microsoft weren't anywhere near cracking that code. And still aren't today.

Of all the ups and downs of being a Windows user, I'd have to say that Cortana and still not having an e-book reader in Edge, 2 years after it was announced, are my 2 major disappointments, simply because the potential was there, but was squandered :(

nlm

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I believe she tracks packages by reading your email. If your email syncs up to a certain period, such as one week, on the 8th day that email will no longer be in your email app inbox and Cortana can't read it so it leaves her notebook. If you search and forward the email back to yourself the package will show up again in Cortana.

Or you can manually add the tracking number into Cortana on day one then she doesn't really solely on your email app inbox for package information.

IMO the next step for Cortana would be to automatically add the tracking number into her notebook proactively rather than relying on passive inbox scans.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
As of today, tracking packages is still listed in the Cortana Skills list but! aren't retaining the packages that had their tracking numbers entered manually. Also, in the Cortana Skills list it states "Sorry, Cortana will no longer be able to track packages form emails." Frustrating as hell.

RalphieD

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Same for me too, what is going on now? Can not enter anything manually? And everything I had in there is now gone?

What is going on!!!!

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I think you can SEARGH for your package in Cortana and when she lists it, you can click on favorites star and that will add it to packages list.

RalphieD

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So now, it gets the package tracking from emails and we NO longer have the ability to enter in manually? I would track packages for anyone in the family and anyone could ask Cortana when they would arrive. This is such a step backwards I beleive.. So BAD...

And this "You can also add package info manually in the Packages section of the notebook." is still showing up on the Cortana Skills page..

Last edited:

RalphieD

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to add a package manually? I dropped a package off at UPS yesterday, tracking number on the slip but how do I add it so I can track it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon