Why has the Harman Kardon Invoke stopped working with iHeartRadio?

Peter West

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Four days ago Cortana on the Harman Kardon Invoke stopped working with iHeartRadio. Now when you ask for a certain station or kind of music, Cortana responds that iHeartRadio isn't working right now. Please try again later.

All Business

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
A few days ago I asked my Invoke to play Z100 on iHeart radio. Cortana did just that. A few minutes later after stopping the music I asked the same question. Cortana replied the feature is not available in your region yet. I have had the Invoke since launch and it has never said that before. I am in the U.S. in New York where the station is located. It has been about 4 days now and I can't figure out why this doesn't work. I checked my region setting on my M.S. account and they are correct. I even tried using the Cortana app on android and Cortana gives me the same response. Were you ever able to figure out what was wrong? Everything except iHeart Radio seems to function as normal.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Try resetting it. Put back to factory settings and go through the set up procedure as you did when you first got it.

All Business

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Appreciate the suggestion, I have two invoke speakers I have tried resetting both. What's weird is the Cortana Android app also gives me the same response. It works on Windows 10 but my guess is that it's because on Windows 10 it just launches the iHeart radio app. This was one of the biggest reasons I was using the speakers.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@All Business, I had the same issue on one of my Invokes, with not being able to connect with iHeart - seemed like it was going to connect , but didn't (Cortona said "connecting to iheart radio", then came back with "something went wrong, try again later"). My other Invokes had no issue...so after about three days of getting the 'something went wrong' response I reset and re-setup the toublesome unit and have had no further issues since. Sorry it didn't work for you. Let me know if you find a fix for your issue...good luck!

Verablise

Sep 30, 2019
Visit site
Appreciate the suggestion, I have two invoke speakers I have tried resetting both. What's weird is the Cortana Android app also gives me the same response. It works on Windows 10 but my guess is that it's because on Windows 10 it just launches the iHeart radio app. This was one of the biggest reasons I was using the speakers.

Any updates? I have the same problem. So annoying.

Norbert Rivera

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I have an Invoke speaker too and up today November 10-2019 Cortana doesn't want to play music on I heart Radio,why Microsoft still not correct this problem are they going to doom Cortana like windows phone and Zune?
Right now i try Cortana in my Windows Lumia 950XL and is working,it conects to IHneart Radio...so what is happening.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
What is happening is, Cortana is going away. Microsoft is not going to fix anything. iHeart Radio certainly does not care either, as there are only a few thousand people at best accessing them with an HK Invoke.

Like Windows phone and Zune and books and Groove and everything else, it is over. Time to move on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss