kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a custom built PC that has various brand parts. Such as:

NZXT Kraken X62 CPU cooler
Gigabyte - GA-X99-Designare EX ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Corsair - Dominator Platinum 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3466 Memory
Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB Xtreme Gaming Water cooling Video Card
EVGA - SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

There is software from NZXT (CAM), Corsair (Link), and Gigabyte for monitoring fan speeds, temperatures, etc. Is there ONE piece of software that will allow monitoring of fan speeds and temperatures AND allow the controlling of fan speeds? It seems each software only wants to control it's specific brand of hardware, but will only "monitor" the other hardware.

I know of MSI Afterburner, but I've never used it. Does anyone know of any ONE software that will allow me to monitor AND control ALL of my components?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help. :smile:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Something else to consider is if the fan headers on the fans have 4 pins. If they don't you can't control the speed anyway, no matter what software you have.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Something else to consider is if the fan headers on the fans have 4 pins. If they don't you can't control the speed anyway, no matter what software you have.

Agreed, without PWM fans there is no point in fan controlling software other than to keep an eye on RPM speeds. Speedfan is pretty good, use it myself alongside HWiNFO.

In regards to MSI afterburner that's primarily for your GPU not CPU fans. You can set custom GPU fan profiles but since you are using a watercooled card that functionality would be quite redundant lol.

Are you using a closed loop solution (all-in-one / AIO) or open loop (with pumps + reservoirs)?

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Both my cpu cooler (NZXT) is an AIO as are my two video cards. I'm going to check on all your suggestions and am VERY grateful for all of your suggestions. Thank you! :smile:

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
P.S. - I believe the Gigabyte software also was able to control the two video cards since they are both Gigabyte video cards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3