Should the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 be my next Laptop?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

AS some of you may know I'm a VR guy. Besides answering the questions around here, I'm also the Google Daydream View Champion at VRHeads, one of our sister sites. I also own a Gear VR. HOWEVER I have played around with both the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive and would LOVE to have one of those headsets.

I was reading this blog on the Windows Central front page and it seemed to indicate that the 7000 was a good machine for VR! So I'm thinking about getting one, at least maybe when the Christmas bonus comes in, or maybe with my next tax refund.

So what do you all think about the 7000? Ain't she a beast? AND considering, it's NOT that expensive at starting price just under 1000. :) (VR requires a LOT of PC!!! lol)

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Used to have Dell's at work but we saw quality and support take a dive about a year ago. Have they gotten that squared away?

That's a good question. My office get premier service from Dell because we are a major city government. My experience has almost always been good AT work. At home, it's been more of a mixed bag, BUT when I had an XPS 13 a few years ago I got great service on that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac