I think I will be Returning my DVP

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Thankfully I bought it from Amazon and have until the end of January to make a decision. That gives Dell just under a month to fix it. I really love the size and build quality, especially compared to the Lenovo and Toshiba offerings. The V8P just feels so much nicer than those other two. And I was truly blown away with the power of this thing, especially for the price (I paid $319 for the 64gb). I really, REALLY hope Dell fixes it, the last thing I want to do is return it. I love it, but this bug is terribly frustrating.

In the same boat....may return it and try the miix or just spend the money and get a tap 11

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tyshone1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I'm beyond the return window. Guess I'm stuck with a tablet where an external mouse and keyboard is a requirement. I may try to contact Dell to see how far I can get or I may hold off until the new Asus 8 is released and put my Venue on EBay. Who knows maybe by that time this problem will be resolved.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having issues with mine too. Thankfully I bought from Microsoft so I have till the 31st to return it. Come on Dell, fix this cool thing!!!!

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
In the same boat....may return it and try the miix or just spend the money and get a tap 11

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Check out the new Lenovo Thinkpad 8. That's the one I'm going to get if I return the Dell. It has a faster processor than the Venue 8 Pro and looks just as nice. It's only $50 more.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this will be my replacement tablet:

CES 2014: Asus VivoTab 8 Windows Tablet
Jan 06, 2014

We’re starting to see an influx of smaller form factor tablets running full Windows 8.1 and the newly announced 8-inch VivoTab 8 from Asus looks to be a promising addition.

Following today’s reveal, I had a brief opportunity to get my hands on the VivoTab 8. The 380g tablet really feels light when you consider the operating system running on it, looks nearly identical to Dell’s Venue 8 Pro and feels comfortable in your hand with a pleasing soft touch back.

It pack a bright IPS display with 1280 x 800 resolution and seems to render color realistically with good blacks and pure whites. Powering things is an Intel Atom Z3740 processor, 2GB of memory, and a 15.5Whr battery. Of course the VivoTab 8 has a welcome surprise on its lower right side: A professional Wacom Digitizer stylus.

In my admittedly short testing, the stylus was super responsive and felt intuitive to use almost immediately. Asus says the stylus has palm-detection and about 1000 levels of pressure sensitivity, which seems about right for a Wacom. What hooked me right away was the handwriting recognition, quickly detecting and translating my chicken scratch into actual words.

Add a 5MP camera and front-facing HD camera, 64GB of internal storage + microSD support, Microsoft Office Home & Student Edition bundled for free, potential 8 hour battery life, and a rumored price tag of $299, and Asus may have a very compelling option on their hands for an affordable Windows 8.1 tablet. One that’s sure to have Samsung and Dell looking over their collected shoulders.

Stay tuned for review impressions as soon as the device is seeded out to the tech press.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2