[Me and my ten year old son likes the Dell Venue 8 Pro but sometimes it freezes up to the point that I have to reset it more then once.
    01-11-2014 10:36 PM
    I might suggest paying special attention to see just what is making the tab freeze up. I've had my DV8P since Thanksgiving and haven't had it freeze at all. No BSOD or anything. It has just worked.
    jmshub and cckgz4 like this.
    01-11-2014 10:44 PM
    What's being run when it happens?
    What virus software are you running?
    I'm in the same boat as underway99...mine has been running flawlessly since release. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with yours.
    01-11-2014 11:21 PM
    All i do is surf the web and play xbox live games on my dell tablet
    01-13-2014 12:11 AM
    Never had a freeze up. I am also curious what nay be causing that for you.
    01-13-2014 12:32 AM
    Me too. Just received mine and I'm looking forward to getting it set up and running.
    01-13-2014 09:38 AM
    How is your tap accuracy? Mine is so horrible I'm thinking of returning it...
    01-13-2014 11:18 AM
    My tap accuracy has been fine. I'm actually using this more often than my Surface Pro now because of the size.
    quadtronix, dgr_874 and nakialj like this.
    01-13-2014 11:29 AM
    My tap accuracy has been fine. I'm actually using this more often than my Surface Pro now because of the size.
    I'm seriously considering returning mine and going to a Surface Pro. The touch sensitivity is terrible. I had an RT that I sold to buy this and the accessories. This touchscreen issue is really frustrating. And I think I'm in the opposite boat on the size. I think I like the Surface size better.
    dgr_874 and nakialj like this.
    01-18-2014 07:14 AM
    I like it, can't complain too much for 99 bucks. But, I am starting to get a couple bright spots on the screen, and I'm not super thrilled about the charge port and how it can't be used to charge and be a USB port at the same time. I'll probably sell the device at a good price and buy the ThinkPad 8 instead.

For those with touch issues, I've updated to all the latest firmware and drivers and it's much better now.
    nakialj likes this.
    01-18-2014 07:41 AM
    Mine works just fine. It's up-to-date. I just need a Dell pen badly. But I'm not about to pay $150 for one from ebay.
    01-18-2014 05:05 PM
    For those with touch issues, I've updated to all the latest firmware and drivers and it's much better now.
    As far as I know, I've applied all the updates. It's hard to remember which updates have been installed when they don't roll off after they have been installed.
    01-18-2014 06:24 PM
    As far as I know, I've applied all the updates. It's hard to remember which updates have been installed when they don't roll off after they have been installed.
    Yeah, I wish their updater was a but better, but not a deal breaker. I like the device, I can certainly see how some may not like it though. I don't use it as a laptop so the limited space isn't a huge issue for me.

I use mine as a setup device for switches or whatever, works excellent for something like that, run to the closet, hook up via serial or tcp/ip via the USB port and get it done.
    01-18-2014 07:39 PM
    Contemplation over. Purchased a Surface Pro. Now for the loooong wait for it to get here. Once I return my DV8P and accessories and get my refunds, the Surface Pro will cost me just a couple hundred dollars.
    01-19-2014 04:31 PM
    Mime is going back in the AM. Tap issues are to bad. Bought a Sony vaio tap 11.....had the surface but it's so much money for last gen technology

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    01-19-2014 07:26 PM
    Anyone know what's up with the stylus? Seems dell has quit selling it. Is this a permanent thing or will it be coming back? If it's permanently gone, can anyone recommend another tablet 8"-11" that has a good stylus?
    01-19-2014 10:11 PM
    Anyone know what's up with the stylus? Seems dell has quit selling it. Is this a permanent thing or will it be coming back? If it's permanently gone, can anyone recommend another tablet 8"-11" that has a good stylus?
    on the first page, there is a link
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/del...tylus-m-i.html
    the last few posts answer your question, its being redesigned.
    Nakia Johnson1 and dgr_874 like this.
    01-20-2014 12:03 AM
    I didn't expect much from the V8P, but I bought one since they were cheap enough and readily available, but it has worked perfectly for my uses. I mostly do couch browsing and playing wordament, but I have done a lot more with it. It easily does remote network administration as I can VPN into my home and work network and RDP into PCs and servers to do basic maintenance. My on-call is much easier than it was before I got it.
    quadtronix likes this.
    01-20-2014 12:11 AM
    My experience with the V8P for about the past month or so has been generally positive...

The only issue I have is that once I've double tapped to zoom in, it sometimes zooms back out when I try to scroll. I figured out though that it seems to happen when I don't press my finger down hard enough on the screen when trying to scroll. As long as I am fairly forceful with the initial tap it doesn't seem to be a problem...

Other than that, everything has worked flawlessly. No crashes or anything like that. Battery life is superb! Windows 8.1 is awesome! Baytrail is speedy and keeps the device running responsively for all the tasks I have thrown at it thus far. Overall I am very pleased with the Dell Venue 8 Pro! :)
    David Rittenhouse and nakialj like this.
    01-25-2014 11:14 AM
    Well, I reloaded the whole OS again from scratch and did all the updates before I started customizing it. It seems to work well enough now that I think I'll be keeping it. Now all I need is for dell to get off their **** and finish fixing the stylus.
    David Rittenhouse and nakialj like this.
    01-27-2014 09:34 AM
    Took it back today. All the old problems came back after a few hours of the reload.

I upgraded to the original surface pro today based on the Best Buy deal and couldn't be happier.
    11B1P and nakialj like this.
    01-31-2014 04:25 PM
    My dell venue 8 pro is a good tablet but i decided to get another window tablet. Wish i could get the Surface Pro 2 but its too high.

Sent from my SCH-R740C using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    02-02-2014 07:26 PM
    How is your tap accuracy? Mine is so horrible I'm thinking of returning it...

I have had the same issue!! It doesn't respond at all to my touch! It is driving me crazy. I finally had to resort to an actual mouse. The problem with that is you can not plug it in and use a mouse at the same time.
    06-03-2014 02:27 PM
    I have had the same issue!! It doesn't respond at all to my touch! It is driving me crazy. I finally had to resort to an actual mouse. The problem with that is you can not plug it in and use a mouse at the same time.
    I've had pretty good luck with it...I've encountered the double tap to zoom in and then when you scroll, sometimes it zooms out. I've got about 25 more days before I can return it. I do have a Surface Pro 3 coming but I always thought the 8" was sweet spot for quick work and relaxing. If I continue to have problems, I'll send mine back in.
    06-13-2014 09:14 AM
    Two mouse suggestions that both work for me:
    1. Get a Blue Tooth mouse.
    2. Install TouchMousePad. When turned on, it turns the display surface into a touch pad with a mouse pointer. It can be configured several ways.
    Google Touch Mouse Pointer (it's free).
    06-22-2014 12:59 PM