03-02-2014 08:57 PM
29 12
tools
    All I've got to say is mine works like a Pro ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-20-2014 09:34 AM
    Quick Update re heating :

So I picked up a new tablet and ran through all the tweaks. Finally last night I try streaming Game of thrones again.

This time, Very little warmth was felt. I used the metro browser and then switched over to streaming over splashtop and the tablet never got too hot.

so far so good.

On my first tablet I was streaming using chrome/desktop and trying to cast to chromecast. Ill try that again and see the results.
    Chromecast desktop looks and behaves worst than i remember. its horrible. was there an update? (i thought i read somewhere there was a metro app coming????)

btw, I did the SSD "speed up" tweaks and its noticeably snappier in opening apps

Update: So last night i tried streaming from dekstop/chrome again, to chromecast. Tablet started to get past the point of "Warm". So i guess its a chrome situation... idk. Im not a person that HAS to have chrome, just wanted that advantage to stream to my tv. Chrome isnt the best browser on this tablet to begin with.

Ill have to give miracast a shot and see if thats an avenue
    Last edited by turbulent28; 02-21-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    02-20-2014 12:40 PM
    Sold my nexus 7 a few weeks ago. I purchased it to supplement my surface 2 as it was smaller... Thing is I never used it... Android is so messy to me. I always used my surface 2 when given the choice... Still I wanted a smaller windows tablet that I could just browse with... No keyboard, no mouse... just a small tabled...

Enter the Dell venue pro 8. Just picked it up. My girlfriend has the 11" and I was really impressed with the build quality. The 8 is super nice.

What a great tablet... I am all 100% windows now.. Sold my macs, ipad, nexus, etc. Windows 8 on tablet(s), desktop, ultrabook, xbox one, 920, etc. I am all in and really digging it..
    Noftware likes this.
    02-28-2014 10:28 AM
    Yeah as far as the Chrome browser it works pretty good but I find myself using IE for the 1st time ever on a Windows machine. It's good for lite to moderate use. I have had pretty good success with my Chromecast and the Venue. Pretty much the only reason I use Chrome on the Tab in the 1st place.

Quick Update re heating :

So I picked up a new tablet and ran through all the tweaks. Finally last night I try streaming Game of thrones again.

This time, Very little warmth was felt. I used the metro browser and then switched over to streaming over splashtop and the tablet never got too hot.

so far so good.

On my first tablet I was streaming using chrome/desktop and trying to cast to chromecast. Ill try that again and see the results.
    Chromecast desktop looks and behaves worst than i remember. its horrible. was there an update? (i thought i read somewhere there was a metro app coming????)

btw, I did the SSD "speed up" tweaks and its noticeably snappier in opening apps

Update: So last night i tried streaming from dekstop/chrome again, to chromecast. Tablet started to get past the point of "Warm". So i guess its a chrome situation... idk. Im not a person that HAS to have chrome, just wanted that advantage to stream to my tv. Chrome isnt the best browser on this tablet to begin with.

Ill have to give miracast a shot and see if thats an avenue
    03-02-2014 08:57 PM
29 12