Is 64gb enough?

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Looking to get a 10"+ tablet and have my eye on the Dell but was wondering if 64gb will be enough internal memory.

I've owned a BlackBerry PlayBook and BB apps are not very large. My Android phone is only 16gb with a lot of apps and still plenty of room.

Not sure what apps/programs on a Windows tablet I can install on a SD card. I have an Office subscription and don't know how much room I need for the program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Last edited:

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Difficult question to answer as it depends so much on your data needs and usage. You shouldn't have any problem with having enough capacity for all of your apps. And if data space becomes an issue just pop an SD card in. With Office and two users setup and a good amount of Store apps installed I have 35GB remaining on a new Venue 8. I've used a Clover Trail tablet with 64GB loaded up with a corporate image (lots of bloatware/security/management software) for many months and have 20GB free.

When I talk about data I mean pictures, documents, music,etc... if becomes a constraint move the data to an SD card and problem is solved. Personally I consider 128GB just a luxury.

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I always keep my data on a SD card and in the cloud. I have 45gb of storage with Sky Drive and 12gb with Dropbox and I have other cloud accounts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Last edited:

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If the tablet is intended as a companion device, even 32GB would likely be sufficient. On the other hand, if it will be replacing a laptop as a primary, portable computing device, even 64GB may not be enough.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
You have to think about what apps you are wanting to install and what apps you should install. The quad-core atom is fast and the 10.8" screen is awesome; but it's not exactly a full i-core 15" notebook or something. I could fill up just about any size drive. But with something like this, I'm going to be limiting it to smaller sized apps like VLC, Skype, Chrome, Dropbox, and several relatively small Metro apps/games.

You know, things best suited to the screen and performance of the tablet. I've still got plenty of free space, leaving my 64GB MicroSD and ext 1TB HD for just pure media store (videos, music, etc). Basically the more powerful the device, the more storage (and screen size) I tend to need.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I know it has been a long time. But have you bought the Pro? 64GB should be fine. Specially if you utilize the sd card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon