Placing phone in standby upon disconnect

sixftunda

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
I would like to be able to use the Redfly without ever taking my phone out of my pocket. I can connect to the Redfly and respond to email,text, whatever, but when I disconnect the phone wakes up. I have to take it out of my pocket to shut it off. I have put the Device Lock on my Today screen and activate it before I disconnect, but it would be nice to have a option to click like "When device connects during standby, place device in standby upon disconnect." or some such thing.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I agree. So far, that is the one thing I don't like with the Redfly. I like to leave my 800W in my pocket. But, a couple of times after disconnecting my Redfly, I have dialed a number or done other things to keep the phone awake.

WinTakeAll

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
I would like to be able to use the Redfly without ever taking my phone out of my pocket. I can connect to the Redfly and respond to email,text, whatever, but when I disconnect the phone wakes up. I have to take it out of my pocket to shut it off. I have put the Device Lock on my Today screen and activate it before I disconnect, but it would be nice to have a option to click like "When device connects during standby, place device in standby upon disconnect." or some such thing.

My vote too for this one: It would be nice if there was such an option an if it let you choose between putting the device in standby or locking the device on disconnect.

RC46

Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
Speaking of that. I have to pull my phone out of my pocket twice. Once when I disconnect and also when I first connect I have to pull it out of my pocket to push the center button to unlock the screen. Has anyone figured out how to press the center button from the redfly keyboard?

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Speaking of that. I have to pull my phone out of my pocket twice. Once when I disconnect and also when I first connect I have to pull it out of my pocket to push the center button to unlock the screen. Has anyone figured out how to press the center button from the redfly keyboard?

Fellow 800w user here....same complaint, but since that lock is a Palm customization I doubt it's high on Celio's to-do list. It's a decently-implemented button lock, so I doubt a simple keypress on the RedFly will unlock it...maybe you could assign a mortscript or something to hit a virtual center button and then run it from your redfly (since the phone is completely usable from the redfly interface except for the annoying lock message in the middle of the screen). Someday when I'm retired and have the time to experiment with it, I will...until then I'll just have to live with it.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site

I ended up turning off keyguard. So far, I haven't accidentally dialed or launched apps while the Treo has been in my pocket. I do generally take it out of my pocket after I use my Redfly. I think I haven't accidentally launched apps because the app keys are flush.

RC46

Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
I ended up turning off keyguard. So far, I haven't accidentally dialed or launched apps while the Treo has been in my pocket. I do generally take it out of my pocket after I use my Redfly. I think I haven't accidentally launched apps because the app keys are flush.

No way. Not going to risk it. I always leave my x girlfriends / wives in my address book so they show up in my caller id if / when they call so I can ignore. Every time I have turned off the key lock on previous palm devices it always seems to pocket dial them. :)

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
No way. Not going to risk it. I always leave my x girlfriends / wives in my address book so they show up in my caller id if / when they call so I can ignore. Every time I have turned off the key lock on previous palm devices it always seems to pocket dial them. :)

Curiosity, how do you pocket dial them? You must be re-dialing last number, much fewer steps.;)

RC46

Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
Curiosity, how do you pocket dial them? You must be re-dialing last number, much fewer steps.;)

I'm not really sure. It seems that the Palm OS phones liked to dial random numbers in the address books. Always the wrong ones;)

I've also had important files / applications deleted by my pocket. Bad luck I guess.;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes