I installed beta .72 on my unlocked TouchPro but the About page still shows .70

Software Version 1.4.0.70
Firmware Version 1.4.0.72

Is something amiss?

Boo Radley

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
This is my first post here. Woohoo.

Anyways, hopefully I can get some help. I've just updated my Redfly software and firmware to .72 from .70. It was working fine before, but not so much now. After doing the update, none of the information transfers over (meaning I see nothing on the Redfly screen). I've tried connecting via USB and bluetooth, both to no avail. There's no picture...although I can control the TP's screen with the Redfly touchpad. :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone here can give me some helpful advice. And BTW, I'm using a Sprint HTC Touch Pro. Also, I've tried reinstalling the .72 software a couple times and that has made no difference.

PS: It'd sure by nice to see some documentation on these updates as they're coming somewhat frequently. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough but I haven't seen much indication of what is actually improved with each build.

stanip

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
Perhaps you could consider trying the following...

1) You probably have already done this. Uninstall your device driver and reinstall it again, then softset and try the USB connection. Or

2) Reinstall the firmware via your TP. Then reinstall your device driver followed by the USB connection step. It worked for me in the past when I had a similiar problem.

3) Last resort... backup all stuff in TP. Do a hardreset and reinstall the RF driver on the clean rom. Then you can restore your other staff from the backup. This has always for for me installing on a clean rom.

Good luck.

Boo Radley

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your advice. I did try reinstalling the software (builds .72 & .70) but that didn't work. Hopefully reinstalling the firmware will do the trick. However, I have a feeling I'll have to sink to the last resort.

Since there are so many variables involved (hardware, WinMo, other software, etc), I don't want to point any fingers, but I've had lots of problems with my TP since installing the Redfly software. It first started with error messages (I posted on that in the Touch Pro/Fuze forum) and now my phone seems to be shutting down on itself. Its gradually gotten slower (even when turning off TF3D), and now I'm having trouble syncing with my pc. When trying to transfer files it takes a horrendous amount of time. For example, when trying to move a 3MB file, it takes close to 2 minutes when it used to be 15 seconds. Its just so frustrating since I really love these 2 devices. For now I'm trying to stay optimistic that it'll work out soon.

Edit: I'll stop griping now. Reinstalling the firmware did the trick. Plus my phone seems to be back how it was prior to this update. I can sync again and the file transfer is back in high speed. Unfortunately I did lose my contacts on my phone (over 200), but hopefully that'll be fixed with a quick sync to my PC.

Last edited:

phildro

Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
New version soon?

The last .72 driver build showed a lot of progress, but I'm still waiting for more stability...now it seems like I need to reboot my TP if I disconnect and want to later reconnect.

Hope we get a new version soon.

bioart#WP

Aug 22, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, I check the beta site every day... I hope Celio doesn't think it's "good enough" already... It's certainly a lot of progress, but still unstable and slow. If only there was a way to change the dpi's upon connection...

edk

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
My .72 against Herg's Black theme is plenty stable over USB and even BT, but the blasted WiFi is what is getting me hot. Won't stay up longer than 5 or 10 minutes, and what's worse, it's sneaky about it - just disappears and replaces the WiFi symbol with the 3G or Edge symbol - don't realize what happened until I notice that everything drops to a crawl. If I had bought into the C8N, I'd be pretty PO'd right now not being able to DL/watch videos OTA as the promise of the Fuze/Redfly marriage led us to believe it had! Honestly, I'm not even sure what influence a dumb data terminal like RF has over the phone's WAN connection - doesn't make any sense, and I'm a 25 yr. electrical engineer! :confused:

drjohn61

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I am still having issues w/ BT. I use MobiPocket to read books and it works great w/ the Fly, but if I use BT it slows to crawl after changing several pages and eventually just quits...

edk

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Anyone home at Celio? Movement on this driver seems to have crawled to a stop. Are there any plans for a final release? :mad:

drjohn61

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm, I am about ready to give up and migrate to a netbook. I liked the idea of the Celio and shelled out the money--but what good is that w/o support?

Boo Radley

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
I can't help but feel that my fear has been realized: that new products/software has taken precedence over the Redfly's maintenance. I guess I can be happy with how my TP & RF interact but there's always room for improvement. In an ideal world, I'd be able to play FPSEce on the RF's 8" screen. That's probably a tad far-fetched, but it sure would be nice. Oh, and I guess no lag with documents would be of some help also.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
We'll have a new beta build in two weeks with some big changes stemming from months of work on a few issues. Continuing support for new WM phones is a big priority so we have a separate team working on the new products/software side as to not take away from our WM developers. This next build to get posted is a bit of a curve jump so there's been a lot of testing etc. internally with multiple new builds in order to get to the point that it's stable enough to be released as the next official beta build.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
OK, thanks very much for the update. I think people here get itchy (I know I do) when it comes to electronics as we all are enthusiasts. I have to keep telling myself that I bought the Redfly when I owned a Mogul, and it was supported. All of us using it with the TP have to understand that there was never a promised timeline as to when the drivers would be squared away, and we are using it knowing that it will be in beta for an unknown amount of time.

I think the big frustration is that this forum has kind of become the "official unofficial" way to get info from Celio about the Redfly. So when we look and see no communication for a month on this thread it gets frustrating, eventhough I know you have no requirement to post at all.

I have to say that besides my BT not working, my RF and my TP work well together. Looking forward to the new build. Keep the improvements coming. Thanks for the information.

drjohn61

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Agreed. We can all wait--it is waiting without any information that is very frustrating. We were getting regular updates; and then--nothing...

Looking forward to the new beta.

Thanks

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
I apologize. That's my bad for not posting much on this forum during the period when there really wasn't any news that could be discussed in public at all. We have a number of large enterprise deals that are contingent on us getting the Touch Pro and Diamond working (plus we risk a WMexperts forum mutiny if we can't pull it off), so believe me, our developers have been working long hours to move the phones from beta to released status.

lynnpreston

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Just so I understand the development staff's stated goal - do you guys define "working" as the RedFly display being the correct resolution (i.e. the soft buttons and title bar not being Fisher Price size) without using a 3rd party program like RealVGA and without a soft reset? Is that even within the realm of posibilities, or are you guys merely working to get the existing beta drivers less buggy (with the Fisher Price look still present).

Just want to set my expectations accordingly. Thanks.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
lynnpreston, the Fisher Price look (or as we like to call it in-house, Meatball mode) is a major issue to fix. It's something we hate too and have spent a lot of time on, but we don't think it will be fixed in the near future. We most likely will have to move the Touch Pro/Diamond driver from beta to released status before this issue is dealt with. When you think about what must be done, it's a huge task. Since the resolution on those screens are already 640x480, when you move the output to the current REDFLY screen (800x480) you are going from a 3-inch screen to an 8-inch screen without really changing the pixel density and everything just naturally gets larger. Fixing the issue involves changing the text size and the menu bar size dynamically and is pretty tough. It also will likely involve HTC giving us some help around how they are drawing to the screen etc. We have not given up, but it most likely won't be fixed when the driver is promoted out of the beta stage (currently planned for sometime in March).

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Next Beta Build Tomorrow - Opera 9.5 Support!

Now for the good news. The next beta build (build No. 93) will be posted sometime tomorrow (Friday) before 8 p.m. EST!

Keep checking http://celiocorp.com/install/beta and you'll notice the obvious change to the page when we post the new driver.

As you can tell from the build number (the last beta build we posted was 72), there are a lot of changes. We've been through many revs working to get everything stable enough for posting to the public and this involved some fundamental changes in the way some items are drawn on the screen.

All of the changes will be noted on the install page tomorrow, but here are some highlights...

1) Opera 9.5 now works!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) Major speed improvements when connected over USB cable.
3) Bluetooth bug fixes.
4) Increased compatibility with some Today Screen plugins (SPB Mobile Shell)
5) Increased compatibility with many third-party apps.

We will continue to release a few additional beta builds past 93 and plan to move from beta to official release on these drivers sometime in March.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
The new build (93) is now posted.

Hit http://celiocorp.com/install/beta from your PC or http://m.celiocorp.com/beta.asp right from your phone.

If you want to install the beta on a currently supported touchscreen phone such as the Tilt, 800w, Treo Pro, etc. (make sure your phone has a touchscreen running WM 6 or 6.1), download any of the drivers listed on that beta page for touchscreen WM 6 or WM 6.1 phones (like the driver for the Fuze will do).

Make sure to also download the Firmware update file and follow the directions to update your REDFLY too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes