Touch Diamond and Touch Pro beta drivers

heavyharmonies

Nov 19, 2002
heavyharmonies.com
Well, after a few more hours of using the Redfly and Touch Pro, it's definitely usable via USB cable, but currently not usable at all via BlueTooth. In addition to the continuous stream of "Invalid Sequence" errors, the combination of Bluetooth and S2U2 is just not workable.

If you connect the Touch Pro to the Redfly (or a computer) via USB, S2U2 is disabled automatically (which is what you want), but when you connect via Bluetooth, S2U2 is still active, so you end up with the Redfly screen seemingly locking up, when in fact S2U2 is kicking in (in fact you can see "S2U2" in the upper left corner). S2U2 is waiting for you to swipe the screen on the Touch, but since the touchscreen is turned off when connected to the Redfly, you cannot get past the swipe screen; you have to kill the Bluetooth connection with the Redfly... lather, rinse, repeat.

In the same way that the Redfly driver knows how to disable Touchflo3D when connecting, and then re-enabling upon exit, it needs to do the same with S2U2.

phildro

Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
New Driver today?

I have been checking the driver site like a psycho for any updates for the Touch Pro. Today I notice that the filename has incremented to RFP6_01040062.CAB...

????????????????

Anybody know if this is new? I'm gonna try here in a few...

EDIT: I guess if I was *that* much of a psycho, I would have noticed that the ...62 version came out a week ago. LOL! Well, I do notice some differences that TouchFlo somewhat works even when the Fly is plugged in.

Maybe the bluetooth connectivity is better...time will tell.

Last edited:

bioart#WP

Aug 22, 2000
Visit site
Hi,

Are we getting new drivers today? :)

Anyways, I've started to run into a major issue... if the connection is disconnected in such a way that touchflo3d doesn't come back up, the phone appears ok. The problem is that when I get incomming calls, I can't answer them on the phone. I press the button, but it won't recognize them.

I also have noticed a few more lockups...

has anyone seen these issues with the beta drivers?

heavyharmonies

Nov 19, 2002
heavyharmonies.com
I think I found a solution, in that the S2U2 registry settings allow you to set exceptions, in other words do NOT lock the Touch Pro if a particular .exe is running.

I believe, if I set the following it should work, but of course I cannot test it. I'm at the point where I am getting Bluetooth disconnects within seconds of the connection with the Redfly, every single [CENSORED] time.

(Sorry, this Bluetooth issue is frustrating the heck out of me).

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2

ExceptionEXE4=RFP6_01040061.exe

drjohn61

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
62 Drivers (posted today)

Hi,

Are we getting new drivers today? :)

Anyways, I've started to run into a major issue... if the connection is disconnected in such a way that touchflo3d doesn't come back up, the phone appears ok. The problem is that when I get incomming calls, I can't answer them on the phone. I press the button, but it won't recognize them.

I also have noticed a few more lockups...

has anyone seen these issues with the beta drivers?

Yes, there are new drivers available. I have not noticed issues with incoming calls--just with Opera Mobile (with or without RedFly). I have had trouble with the phone completely locking up at night (while charging)--to the point of having to remove the battery to get the phone back up (that was with the old driver, don't know about the new one yet).

I can't say that I am enamored with the TouchFlo on the RedFly (at least not yet); I preferred the Fly turning off TouchFlo; it would be nice if this were a user option in the driver (with the option of what Today screen plugins were turned on by the Fly).

bioart#WP

Aug 22, 2000
Visit site
I installed the new drivers and it seems faster, but the touchflo3d needs to go or be a lot faster. There should be an option to disable touchflo when connected. I don't really see a need to get the touchflo view when connected. I would not mind the screen that comes up when you open the keyboard... at least that's the right aspect and it is not animated.

My phone has been locking up at night after charging, so I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering :)

bioart#WP

Aug 22, 2000
Visit site
You know, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having the landscape touchflo view instead of the 3d on when the redfly connects... it is clean and still gives you access to the start menu. Going to the today screen is also an option, so I'll live with either....

Being able to select the option would be great too, though this is becoming a dedicated driver which I'm assuming celio hates doing for only one phone type.

I don't see how the touchflo3d is going to work. It's not the right aspect and seems to be a pain in the processor.

wodin

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Being able to select the option would be great too, though this is becoming a dedicated driver which I'm assuming celio hates doing for only one phone type.
The way these things are flying off the shelves, I'm thinking Celio could survive on just the TP!

Every time the local store get's any, they sell out the same day! If that's going on nationwide, these could very well be the fabled iPhone killer! :thumbsup:

lynnpreston

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Just a personal observation - I couldn't care less about touchflo with the Redfly. What I do care about a great deal is getting full 800x480 resolution. I hope the driver developers are focused more on that than touchflo. I can disable touchflo myself, but I can't change the resolution.

heavyharmonies

Nov 19, 2002
heavyharmonies.com
Just a personal observation - I couldn't care less about touchflo with the Redfly. What I do care about a great deal is getting full 800x480 resolution. I hope the driver developers are focused more on that than touchflo. I can disable touchflo myself, but I can't change the resolution.

Agreed. Right now the Touch Pro/Redfly combination isn't very usable (to be expected, I know, as the drivers are still in Beta, but having experienced the Redfly with my Treo 700wx, I know what it *can* do... just waiting to get there...)

edk

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Whoa's me!

Think you have problems? At least you guys/gals can connect! I can't get Redfly to connect to the Fuze at all - keeps telling me to turn on "Advanced Network Settings", which it is. I've tried Beta 61 and 62 - neither work. Actually, I can't even DL either version of the firmware b/c the Redfly won't connect. The Redfly settings (red) button on the unit does nothing - no settings screen - all I ever see on the unit is the splash screen and that blasted erroneous "Can't recognize device - Please turn on Advanced Network Settings" popup.

Am I the only one here who's seen this problem? I'm all for helping to work out Beta problems being a lifelong early adopter, but not even getting to first base with this thing is frustrating. Been working with Laurie and Troy on this issue, but haven't heard from anyone in a few days, so I came here for help.

Thinking about returning this brand new C8 and wait for the C8N to drop enough so I can have the video feature to mate with the Fuze.

Last edited:

cuzlion

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
we dont all use tf3d

I hope Celio will keep in mind that just making the Redfly play nice with the Touch Pro using tf3d is not quite enough. Please also make sure the drivers work with people that strip TF3D out and just use either WM 6.1 or use another shell such as SPB Mobile Shell or Pocket Plus or many other options. In the pressure to make TF3D please remember that a lot of us are former Mogul/6800 owners that needed more memory and speed but didn't need a friendlier shell. I'll speak for "us" for a second. We need the BT fixed, it drops over and over, rarely did that on the Mogul/6800 but does on the Touch even with TF3D turned off. We need the fonts to switch to very small when the Redfly is on and back to where they were when we disconnect. That's all, basically the drivers work well enough now to be fine, but if those two things were fixed they'd be nearly perfect. Thanks for listening, the Redfly is such a fine device, thanks for making it. Cuz

graham.hughes

Nov 5, 2008
Visit site
My phone has been locking up at night after charging, so I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering :)

From posts on xda-developers.com, this is a common problem with the TouchPro out of the box, without Redfly drivers installed. I got the same problem. I switched Touchflo off, and the problem stopped. I believe this is a problem with Touchflo.

I'd recommend anyone with a TouchPro (Redfly attached or otherwise) to switch Touchflo off. It's a bit buggy, and it doesn't add much functionality. You'll lose the weather screen, but you can fall back on the "looking out of the window" technique. :)

edk

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Is there anybody out there?

Think you have problems? At least you guys/gals can connect! I can't get Redfly to connect to the Fuze at all - keeps telling me to turn on "Advanced Network Settings", which it is. I've tried Beta 61 and 62 - neither work. Actually, I can't even DL either version of the firmware b/c the Redfly won't connect. The Redfly settings (red) button on the unit does nothing - no settings screen - all I ever see on the unit is the splash screen and that blasted erroneous "Can't recognize device - Please turn on Advanced Network Settings" popup.

Am I the only one here who's seen this problem? I'm all for helping to work out Beta problems being a lifelong early adopter, but not even getting to first base with this thing is frustrating. Been working with Laurie and Troy on this issue, but haven't heard from anyone in a few days, so I came here for help.

Thinking about returning this brand new C8 and wait for the C8N to drop enough so I can have the video feature to mate with the Fuze.

Just nod if you can here me! (Pink Floyd)

edk

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
OK, turkey is no longer a valid excuse. My Redfly gets made usable today or it goes back tomorrow. And I never even got a chance to eval it - it could have been a great device for all I know!

phildro

Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
OK, turkey is no longer a valid excuse. My Redfly gets made usable today or it goes back tomorrow. And I never even got a chance to eval it - it could have been a great device for all I know!

I'm not sure where you are going with this. Driver development teams are usually not susceptible to ultimatums. I know these guys are working hard and will get the kinks out in time.

If you believe in the device and trust the development team, you should hang onto hope and wait it out.

edk

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
phildro,

Wasn't trying to come off harsh. My device does NOTHING - won't connect, won't even pull up it's own settings screen - basically a nice looking brick with a corporate splash screen. I didn't throw out an ultimatum so much as a plea for response from Celio on this dead unit as they had been quiet on this for several days (not including the holiday). They have in fact replied and are shipping out a replacement today, after which I can only hope I will be at the same sticking points as everyone else here and help out with the Beta testing. Laurie and Troy have been very professional through all this, so I hope that level of support continues. Cheers.

- Ed K.

drjohn61

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Turn off Opera 9 on Sprint TouchPro?

While I really like the Opera 9 version that ships w/ the Sprint phones, it does not yet work with the RedFly drivers (I know, a known issue). My problem is that the default browser on the Sprint phones is Opera, so any time you click on a link it opens Opera. This is not a good thing when using the Fly (and can even cause problems when not connected with the current driver). Does anyone know how to set PIE as the default? There is not an option (that I can find) in the Opera tools menu to "unset" it as the default browser; I guess Sprint removed that (for whatever reason).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS