An additional potential demographic: will Redfly work with NON-PHONE PDAs?

Gabey8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I used the Redfly while in the waiting room at my doctor's office a while back. My doc took one look at it and, once I showed him how it works with my cell phone, he had an idea for an additional use for the Redfly.

In their practice, they employ Dell PDAs which allow them to do things like send prescription requests directly to a pharmacist via whatever wireless connection it is that they're using. (Wi-fi, I presume.) One of the docs in the practice rarely makes use of the Dell PDA method, as he has trouble reading the small print on the equally small screen.

If the Redfly works with regular PDAs as well as it does with smartphones, it could be the answer for anyone who'd LOVE to use a PDA if they could only read the screen.

Has anyone ever tried installing a Redfly driver on a non-phone WM PDA? How'd the experiment work?

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
I wanted to try it out with my Toshiba E830, but it runs Pocket PC 2003SE, and the REDFLY drivers won't install :-(

But if you can find a PDA running Windows Mobile 5 or 6 it should be OK. I thought I saw someone post somewhere that it was working on an HP 4700 - if it was, it must have had a hacked firmware installation though.

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I loaded the drivers for the ppc6700 wm5.0 on my axim x50 mid and it works with cable and bluetooth. Haven't tried all the apps but seems to be fine

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
We officially support the Motorola Symbol MC70 and MC75. If there’s enough demand, we’ll work on specific drivers for a non-phone PDA.

For now, you could try downloading any of 5, 6 or 6.1 cabs for other devices (try the ones for phones with touchscreens) and see if any work for your specific device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2