Audio plays out of phone speaker when connected

phildro

Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
This morning, I have the Fly connected through the audio/charge dongle so that I could listen to music. When I queued up the audio, it didn't come out of the headphones, it came out of the speakers.

Can anyone reproduce this? Of course, I'd like to listen to music and also work on the Fly. When I unplugged the fly, the audio came out my headphones as expected.

PS- i had 3rd party headphones plugged in via the 3.5 mm jack on the dongle, NOT the proprietary HTC headset.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
phildro, are you using the Touch Pro/Diamond and the latest build of the beta driver? (build 67)? I'll try to reproduce. Also, do you have the GSM or CDMA version of the phone?

phildro

Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
Yep, I'm using the 67 driver. Using the Sprint Touch Pro version.

I just reproduced again. Connect the TP to the audio adapter block, and connect that to the headphones and then the Redfly.

When the Redfly is connected, audio comes out of the TP speaker. When I disconnect the Redfly, the audio comes out of the headphones.

Thanks for looking into this.

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I would try to hook it to a computer with an application like pocket controller or the free one, my mobiler I think, and see if it is a redfly issue or phone hardware limitation.

phildro

Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
Well, the problem is annoying, but not enough for me to go through that much work, to be honest! Although with the holiday approaching, I may get bored enough.

If someone else with a Sprint Touch Pro (or any, actually) could just tether to the Redfly and then try to listen to a song on the headphones, that would be the easiest.

I'm surprised no one has tried yet, but perhaps not everyone wants to type, text, browse, and listen to music at the same time?

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
... but perhaps not everyone wants to type, text, browse, and listen to music at the same time?

I thought everybody did that.

But even I have not tried it with RedFly. My BlackJack seems to be sluggish when pulling music from 8Gb microSD card so I only use it for music in the car. Irritating ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz