RealVGA

stanip

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
I remember earlier there was a forumer mentioned about using RealVGA to gain back the lost display space on Redfly with Touch Pro. However, at that time, I ran into problems with the dial-pad failed to function right after...

There are some improved versions coming up and it seems to be ok after using it for 1/2. Will see how it goes.

For those who are interested, here is a review.
http://wmexperts.com/articles/software/whats_the_deal_with_realvga.html

graham.hughes

Nov 5, 2008
Visit site
The components posted here seem to work well (that is, my phone does not break horribly).

The main downside is the need to reboot. If someone can work out a quicker alternative...

lynnpreston

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I'll second graham - my Sprint Touch Pro works great at 96dpi using those components developed for the EPIX. The reboot is a pain, but otherwise I seem to get 100% RedFly functionality.

stanip

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
I use the 128dpi version of RealVGA with the large font on my touchpro. Not perfect but getting by (still readable on the phone) without doing the reboot every time I disconnect from Redfly...

dsteinschneider#AC

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Hi stanip,

I'm getting by with "My first laptop" effect but interested in RealVGA. I'm worried that it might throw off my finely tuned already unlocked and ROM updated verizon touch pro (scott crosler Verizon ROM with GPS unlocked)

I am correct in understanding that if I install RealVGA I can choose 128dpi which will make everything look pretty "normal" on the redfly?

The issue being if I disconnect the redfly and starting using the phone everything will be quite small at 128dpi?

If I return to the default dpi (192?) then everything is exactly as stock even though RealVGA is installed?

To switch dpi using RealVGA requires soft reset?

Thanks

Ebag333

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Switching DPI using RealVGA requires a soft reset.

There's no issues using a smaller DPI with the Redfly, at least in my experience so far.

stanip

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
Dsteinschneider, Ebag333 is correct on soft reset and DPI usability.
Suggest you do a full backup first before trying it out. Fonts on the phone are tiny and I enlarged them with Neofonts and Tweak2k2.

By the way, I use Pocket Breeze (PIM, messages, note...etc) as my key today tool (95% of my phone usage other than making calls) and its font size can be adjusted back to normal even in 96/128 dpi.

On customed roms, my own trial and error experience is that most of them are ok if you install the redfly driver on a clean rom.

Ebag333

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Speaking of RealVGA, a new version is up for the 800w and Treo Pro (probably works for other phones as well). Check out the 800w forums for it. ;)

jobmaster

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Switching DPI using RealVGA requires a soft reset.

There's no issues using a smaller DPI with the Redfly, at least in my experience so far and i thank u....

Staffing service

Seo master
happy.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi