Advantage-Athena-Flint-Thoth/Redfly

c1oudrs

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
I though I'd create a general thread for those of us with an Advantage (in all its permutations)and our Redfly use with the Advantage.

There's not many of us but maybe a large proportion of Advantage users use a Redfly because we buy the Advantage for the bigger screen and then buy a celio redfly--for the bigger screen.

c1oudrs

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Originally Posted by zad225 (in another thread)

cloudrs, from your posts, you have an HTC Advantage, correct? It seems like you're enjoying using your Redfly using it, so I decided to give it a try. When I first saw pictures of the HTC Advantage, it sure looked awfully big compared to other cell phones, but now, I think that is a positive, instead of a negative, plus the fastest processor (or at least until those snapdragons come out).

Hey zad225, Snapdragon I think is going to be Android? I'm not sure if I 'm quite ready to go Android yet. Have you checked out the Thoth? It looks promising-- if I can stand another large multimedia phone. Like the snapdragon, the Thoth/Athena 2 coming in September is going to be 1ghz.

I have to admit though that when I don't pull out the Redfly--the size of the Advantage screen makes a decent bookreader. :)

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I'm pretty excited. I've been waiting for this sort of performance gain in mobile since I bought my Toshiba E830 years ago. Only now are devices truly beating the specs of that device. I keep saying it - the best thing the iPhone did was kick all the device makers into a higher gear.

zad225

Jan 31, 2009
Visit site
Yup, I got my HTC Advantage x7501 two days ago, and I've been spending the last few days trying to find a ROM that would work. It's not as easy finding one for the Athena than for the Kaiser, I'll give you that. I've probably tried at least 8. There was always something wrong with them: such as wifi problem, no data connection, gps, etc. And the worst offender was the Windows Media Player problem where you can't even play the videos you took from your phone!!!

I finally found a ROM that so far works for all of the above but I have yet to test with the Redfly. It was an IRUS Rom using Sogarth's base ROM (First Fix).

c1oudrs

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm using Michy5.1rom, Bluetooth with the later Michy roms wouldn't work for me. Let me know how Irus/sogarth base does. Thanks and good luck!

c1oudrs

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
I've also used ap4 and ap5 roms. I haven't used the sogarth one though. I'd be interested in what you thought/if there was bluetooth compatibility with the redfly.

zad225

Jan 31, 2009
Visit site
I've also used ap4 and ap5 roms. I haven't used the sogarth one though. I'd be interested in what you thought/if there was bluetooth compatibility with the redfly.
The sogarth one is ok with the redfly using usb, but not bluetooth. It works, but it's very slow. I tried the vanilla ap4 spl1.2; there sure are a lot less options for the Athena than the Tilt. The Athena is a nice mobile computer, but it's so heavy and barely fits in my pants pocket; to use it as a phone, I highly recommend getting an LG style-i, look it up on ebay. You can get one for less than $10 if you wait for the end of one of the auctions. Right now, I'm debating whether to keep the Athena and sell my Tilt/Redfly combination or keep the Tilt and Redfly, and sell the Athena. Neither really gives me the web browsing experience I was hoping for.

zad225

Jan 31, 2009
Visit site
The sogarth one is ok with the redfly using usb, but not bluetooth. It works, but it's very slow. I tried the vanilla ap4 spl1.2; there sure are a lot less options for the Athena than the Tilt. The Athena is a nice mobile computer, but it's so heavy and barely fits in my pants pocket; to use it as a phone, I highly recommend getting an LG style-i, look it up on ebay. You can get one for less than $10 if you wait for the end of one of the auctions. Right now, I'm debating whether to keep the Athena and sell my Tilt/Redfly combination or keep the Tilt and Redfly, and sell the Athena. Neither really gives me the web browsing experience I was hoping for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes