192 for Redfly and Phone (not mobile viewer)

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I posted this in the other 192 thread earlier and realized that is really geared toward the mobile viewer product. Since I'm using the hardware RF and a Touch Pro I thought I'd post experiences here.

Experience with 192 so far:

Connections are faster, the font transition seems faster.

But:

On my first bluetooth connection and subsequent disconnection, though, my Sprint TP froze on "Launching TouchFlo 3D..." and I had to soft reset. I soft reset, tried to connect over BT again, and got "User did not authorize connection" on the RF (??? it is authorized, and of course I was able to connect just a moment ago). Then tried again and my phone soft reset itself during the connection attempt, right after going into landscape mode. 3rd try worked. But now my start menu has a dark blue horizontal bar in it with yellow dots.

Everything seems to work better over USB; I've connected and disconnected a couple of times without issue. I guess the bluetooth connection method is just not as reliable. I know it's a lot slower too, so I typically use USB, but just making notes here for anyone reading.

Overall if you use USB I think it is a worthwhile upgrade for TP users.

stanip

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
Touch Pro2 bluetooth connection working

I almost gave up on my redfly with my new Touch pro2 (WM6.1 Professional) as I had problems connecting via BT a week ago after several attempts.

Tonight after a hard reset, I tried again (trail and error by enabling BT plus allowing it to be visible to all other devices) and surprisingly the bluetooth allowed me to authorized and the rest is a breeze.

The new driver seems more stable and it is nice to have a selection between performance and image quality.

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I am running a Touch Pro, and a 6.1 rom from Calkulin's Kitchen. I too have been plagued with the non-authorizing bluetooth must be enabled nightmare. I loaded the 192 driver in hopes to enjoy my bluetooth again, but when trying to establish the first usb connection, my TP locks. I can't get the 192 driver to work and had to revert to 163.

Any ideas to get me over the bluetooth hump?

Praying for 6.5 compatibility soon.... :)

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Praying for 6.5 compatibility soon.... :)

For the USB issue, try soft resetting a couple of times; that seemed to help for me.

WRT 6.5...based on the updates Celio has made to the phones page it looks like they've switched gears and they're going for Android/BB support, which I suppose from a business perspective makes more sense than trying to continue tweaking for us Touch Pro users.

As the economy improves I'm thinking about picking up a netbook with 3G built-in. There are just too many times I go to connect my Redfly and something breaks, or freezes, or that dang soft-key menu bar is greyed out and almost unreadable, and of course the My First Phone look gets on my nerves.

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
ok, so I got the driver to actually connect without freezing, and authorize the bluetooth. But all attempts to make a bluetooth connection report a rejected connection attempt. Also, the phone locks up again with usb connections, until soft reset 3 times per day.. ugh.. back to 163

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Just an update to this thread; last night I was using my redfly over bluetooth for awhile, and after I disconnected my Touch Pro got into a weird state where the screen would turn off every 10 seconds regardless of whether I was doing anything or not. A soft reset fixed it, but it was notable because it has never happened before and only occurred after I was using the Redfly. This is on 192.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs