Getting a Review / Advertising

dominiauk

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've recently written and released a new game for WP7 "Rocket Raid Free". It's getting good ratings but not many downloads which I'm really disapointed with. It basically needs to get some attention so I was hoping to get a review from here but so far I've not had any response when requesting for a review - it seems to me that they are more interested in xbox live titles than indie titles which isn't ideal.

So some advice would be appreciated...

First, how can I get my game reviewed? Is it worth / possible to pay for it to be reviewed (not that I can pay much seeing that I haven't made much yet).

Secondly, is it worth advertising, again issues with costs for this. Does anyone know if it's worth spending money on this? What sort of return do you get?

I'd appreciate any advice / help with this as I'm struggling to see how you can make any money back on all the time I've invested in this...

Thanks,
Andy

Dirty Mike

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
adduplex is a pretty cool idea for advertising you app. instead of using pubcenter or whatever advertisements you are running you can run addplex ads. They show ads for other people's apps in your app and for every 10 impressions you get you get your ad shown in 8 other apps.

You can also pay for impressions. You get a discount for using their ads in your apps, so for 20,000 impressions it is only $15.

The update with the ads in it just came out a few days ago so I don't have any great success story to share with you, but there are a lot of successful apps using it. Tapitude used it, traffic race 3d uses it, and I've seen other top apps in the ads

Hope that helps you out!

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
As far as getting a review, ive never managed it, however fill in all the windows phone sites tip contact pages. There is one here on WPCentral, they probably wont reply, but it might just get them to check it out and if they feel others will like it, they will no doubt write a review like they do for a number of apps they are interested in. But dont be disheartened if they dont.

Also, having a website/twitter/facebook page is helpful. Post updates on twitter to #windowsphone #wp7 and some people might take notice.

Ive no experience with advertising so I cant really comment too much on that, but checking www.adduplex.com for a good windows phone based solution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon