Beginner Question - Gray Screen with Clock Icon

thehappycactus

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
While I'm not a beginner to C#, I am a beginner to WP programming, so thanks in advance for your patience. Last night I deployed my first code to my phone for testing, but while the deployment looked like it was successful (IE didn't throw any errors), the app seemed to hang on a gray screen with a white clock icon.

Maybe my google mojo is off, but I can't seem to find a decisive explanation to what the gray screen/white clock indicates. Can someone explain?

Thanks!

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
While I'm not a beginner to C#, I am a beginner to WP programming, so thanks in advance for your patience. Last night I deployed my first code to my phone for testing, but while the deployment looked like it was successful (IE didn't throw any errors), the app seemed to hang on a gray screen with a white clock icon.

Maybe my google mojo is off, but I can't seem to find a decisive explanation to what the gray screen/white clock indicates. Can someone explain?

Thanks!
That is the default splash screen. It's just an image, named SplashScreenImage.jpg

ivanhorv

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay, cool. So if my app is hanging there that means something I've coded something incorrectly? Something in the app isn't loading?

Exactly.

After deploying your app, if there's an error Visual Studio should tell you that. If VS says nothing, then something else is wrong I guess.

Dirty Mike

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
yep and if you want to change that to a logo or even just something better looking just save over SplashScreenImage.jpg and it will show up instead of the clock. You also need to make the icons for your app as it will not pass submission until you change them. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs