GDR3 Developer preview

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently installing the GDR3 Developer preview on my 8XT.

My biggest complaint with this phone was the cracking audio when you switch towers or have any sort of data connection state change. I will post back in a couple days to let you know if it's fixed with this update, or much sooner if it's still broken.

Any other "quirks" you all are experiencing you would like me to test out (within reason)?

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've had that same issue on my 8XT, but I hope it might fix the issue with the whole ImageChip sensor not playing nice with other camera apps also.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok... Drive home left me with a couple seconds of silence as it switched over. No static. Will continue to test the rest of the week to make sure it wasn't a one off day.

Edit: While using the hands free texting it started cracking. It seemed to fix itself rather quickly (was clear after 2 texts in less than 5 minutes)... If Microsoft fixed most of it, maybe there is hope that HTC can straighten out the rest.

Last edited:

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've had that same issue on my 8XT, but I hope it might fix the issue with the whole ImageChip sensor not playing nice with other camera apps also.
What apps did you have problems with? I just use the HTC camera and the stock one, and upload from the gallery...

Sent from my HTCPO881 Sprint using Tapatalk

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
6tag, proshot, oneshot. All of them have issues with the camera. The stock and HTC ones work fine though. I also did notice it said Bluetooth improvements and since the update, my Voyager Legend now says the contact name when getting a call. That's probably the best thing in the update for me and I completely forgot about it!

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
6tag, proshot, oneshot. All of them have issues with the camera. The stock and HTC ones work fine though. I also did notice it said Bluetooth improvements and since the update, my Voyager Legend now says the contact name when getting a call. That's probably the best thing in the update for me and I completely forgot about it!

I did a bit of research. It seems that it's not just the 8XT that was having issues with those programs. Not sure if they were programming for specific hardware, or if the HTC software was causing a conflict. I can't be caught launching camera apps while at work, so a test will need to wait until this afternoon.

I had just one static event on my way in. So the issue isn't fixed 100%, but it certainly is a lot more bearable than it had been.

I will be hooking up to my car radio (pioneer 9400) with the bluetooth this afternoon. It was unstable and would actually start playing music randomly when I shut the car off, if I was listening to any other source. VERY annoying. Will be glad to see that they are fixed :)

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Stepped out for lunch. Downloaded 6tag. Front camera works just fine. Rear camera was just a black screen.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Stepped out for lunch. Downloaded 6tag. Front camera works just fine. Rear camera was just a black screen.

That's how it is on mine currently...has been for a couple releases of 6tag now...so its not a GDR3 issue...you're still working normally.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Didn't read throughall 11 pages, so if this has been pointed out before, i apologize.

I noticed the cursor when you are trying to place it between letters is alot bolder.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've downloaded the update...let's see where this gets me.

Being able to get the update and bypass Sprint has just validated me switching from Android...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon