03-03-2014 12:07 PM
35 12
tools
    I am so very happy to report that all of my bluetooth issues that have been present since the launch of WP8 have been resolved. I no longer have any bluetooth issues in my car.
    10-14-2013 03:09 PM
    So far, I have the same results. :-)
    10-14-2013 03:15 PM
    Care to explain what issues you had?
    10-14-2013 03:22 PM
    I had some disconnect and phone book issues as well as constant static when listening to music via bluetooth. So far all of these issues seem to be resolved.
    fdruid likes this.
    10-14-2013 03:26 PM
    Issues fixed with the box ticked or without?
    10-14-2013 04:26 PM
    What car do you have? I was never even able to connect my 8X to a Ford focus. I am switching to a 928 and I'll probably install gdr3 so I hope it is working.
    10-14-2013 04:30 PM
    Without the box checked
    10-14-2013 04:41 PM
    What car do you have? I was never even able to connect my 8X to a Ford focus. I am switching to a 928 and I'll probably install gdr3 so I hope it is working.
    My car has aftermarket bluetooth not factory.
    10-14-2013 04:42 PM
    I had skipping issues. Songs would randomly jump ahead a second or so. Also, sometimes, if I got a text and it did the whole, "New message from....", then when I was finished, the song would keep playing, but no sound would come out of the head unit.

I think the box is only for voice commands, not streaming and such. I never had problems with speak (except it sometimes wouldn't understand me.)

I have a Chevy Sonic with Chevy MyLink (Factory radio).
    10-14-2013 04:57 PM
    I never was able to get my Bluetooth to work in my car, my phone calls work but I was never able to get my music to play..will this be solved with gdr3?

I am keeping myself together not to install gdr 3 yet because I would like to see users experiences first

regards
    t
    10-14-2013 05:03 PM
    I never was able to get my Bluetooth to work in my car, my phone calls work but I was never able to get my music to play..will this be solved with gdr3?

I am keeping myself together not to install gdr 3 yet because I would like to see users experiences first

regards
    t
    Might sound like a stupid question, but does your car's Bluetooth actually supports music streaming (A2DP profile)? Some cars manufactured before 2010 doesn't have that
    10-14-2013 07:44 PM
    Can anyone with a 920 tell me if Bluetooth 4.0 has been enabled? Thanks
    10-14-2013 07:48 PM
    I thought Bittersweet will enable BT 4.0.

10-14-2013 07:55 PM
    Not 100% sure, but I think that will have to come via firmware from the oem.
    10-14-2013 07:55 PM
    I read that there we're improvements to Bluetooth in GDR3, but I still can't get my phone to connect to my Surface Pro. :(
    10-14-2013 08:05 PM
    I own a Focus with Sync and have paired the Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X. Works great. In fact, it works really great since GDR2. However, the Samsung ATIV S was having a lot of Bluetooth problems with GDR2. I love how it reads me the text message and allows me to reply by voice.
    10-14-2013 09:47 PM
    What does the tick box do? I have a Ford with a My Connection stereo with bluetooth. It works well, but still worse than my old N8.
    For example, I have to be listening to BT music to receive sound notifications and calls from my Lumia 920. This is not cool, as the vibration and rign on the phone get disabled altogether.
    I do have problems sometimes with voice commands, basically in that the phone can't seem to understand me, then I strike out of chances to repeat the command or message. Especially with the content of messages. but that might be because of the awful data connection of my isp.

So I wonder if this changes in GDR3.
    10-15-2013 06:10 AM
    Has anybody with poor bluetooth audio quality had it improve with GDR3? My iDevice always played high quality music when my 1020 always sounded tinny and as if it were playing through a standard bluetooth headset.
    10-15-2013 07:40 AM
    Mine got worse :(
    I have a Pioneer Bluetooth setup, and while it would connect before, I'd always have to type in my PIN code to connect. After the upgrade, I had the same issue, so I thought I'd remove the pairing and try to set it up again. Now it won't connect at all. I'm thinking I'll put the factory setup (Nissan Rockford Fosgate) back in and see if it's better.
    10-15-2013 09:09 AM
    Not a stupid question at all, that is probably the CASE, need to al talk to my dealer about that.

Tanks Pika
    10-15-2013 12:16 PM
    What does the tick box do? I have a Ford with a My Connection stereo with bluetooth. It works well, but still worse than my old N8.
    For example, I have to be listening to BT music to receive sound notifications and calls from my Lumia 920. This is not cool, as the vibration and rign on the phone get disabled altogether.
    I do have problems sometimes with voice commands, basically in that the phone can't seem to understand me, then I strike out of chances to repeat the command or message. Especially with the content of messages. but that might be because of the awful data connection of my isp..
    I had similar problems with my Ford stereo's bluetooth setup until GDR3. With the box ticked for alternative method in the Bluetooth settings I can dictate messages and it actually hears me properly. I think before GDR3 the phone wasn't using the car's inbuilt mics to pick up the voice but it is now. There is a delay when you're holding the windows button to initiate speech (maybe a couple of seconds more than normal) but the results are well worth it.
    10-16-2013 07:51 AM
    I had similar problems with my Ford stereo's bluetooth setup until GDR3. With the box ticked for alternative method in the Bluetooth settings I can dictate messages and it actually hears me properly. I think before GDR3 the phone wasn't using the car's inbuilt mics to pick up the voice but it is now. There is a delay when you're holding the windows button to initiate speech (maybe a couple of seconds more than normal) but the results are well worth it.
    I was wondering if ticking that box would help, but so far it hasn't. Does it hear you ok when a text comes in? Did you have to do anything special after ticking the box?

My typical conversation with my phone/car goes something like this when a text comes in.
    *Music interrupted*: "[persons last name] You can say 'Read it' or 'Ignore'"
    Me: "Read it"
    Car: *pause* "You have a message from [person]. You can say 'Read it' or 'Ignore'"
    Me: "READ IT!"
    Car: *pause* "You have a message from [person]. You can say 'Read it' or 'Ignore'"
    Me: "READ IT YOU [insert string of profanity]!"
    Car: *beep* *music resumes*

The mic in my car is notoriously bad, so I'm thinking that's the problem, but it almost never understands me, and it's REALLY annoying. I'm thinking of turning on driving mode for texts when I'm driving to spare me the aneurysm and odd looks from people when I'm cursing my phone.
    10-18-2013 01:57 PM
    I listen to Audible a lot in my car, a Nissan Qashqai with the Nissan Connect unit.

The on-screen controls would not pause and resume the audiobooks with GDR2, but now with GDR3 they control my L925 perfectly.
    Never had any issues with voice and text messages and that is still working ok, too.

Audio quality for audiobooks and music streaming (mainly Spotify) is the same, very good,
    10-18-2013 03:20 PM
    Everything worked in my car under GDR1/2 previously except voice translation of SMS was intermittent. With "Connect to car alternate way" checked it now works every time :). VW RNS 510 with 9W7 Bluetooth module.
    10-19-2013 06:55 PM
    I was wondering if ticking that box would help, but so far it hasn't. Does it hear you ok when a text comes in? Did you have to do anything special

No, it just works as it should

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_500 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2013 04:41 PM
35 12