In Car Bluetooth Issues seem solved in GDR3

Kelly Peterson

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I am so very happy to report that all of my bluetooth issues that have been present since the launch of WP8 have been resolved. I no longer have any bluetooth issues in my car.

txDrum

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
What car do you have? I was never even able to connect my 8X to a Ford focus. I am switching to a 928 and I'll probably install gdr3 so I hope it is working.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Care to explain what issues you had?

I had skipping issues. Songs would randomly jump ahead a second or so. Also, sometimes, if I got a text and it did the whole, "New message from....", then when I was finished, the song would keep playing, but no sound would come out of the head unit.

Issues fixed with the box ticked or without?

I think the box is only for voice commands, not streaming and such. I never had problems with speak (except it sometimes wouldn't understand me.)

What car do you have? I was never even able to connect my 8X to a Ford focus. I am switching to a 928 and I'll probably install gdr3 so I hope it is working.

I have a Chevy Sonic with Chevy MyLink (Factory radio).

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I never was able to get my Bluetooth to work in my car, my phone calls work but I was never able to get my music to play..will this be solved with gdr3?

I am keeping myself together not to install gdr 3 yet because I would like to see users experiences first

regards
t

pikablu0530

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I never was able to get my Bluetooth to work in my car, my phone calls work but I was never able to get my music to play..will this be solved with gdr3?

I am keeping myself together not to install gdr 3 yet because I would like to see users experiences first

regards
t

Might sound like a stupid question, but does your car's Bluetooth actually supports music streaming (A2DP profile)? Some cars manufactured before 2010 doesn't have that

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I own a Focus with Sync and have paired the Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X. Works great. In fact, it works really great since GDR2. However, the Samsung ATIV S was having a lot of Bluetooth problems with GDR2. I love how it reads me the text message and allows me to reply by voice.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
What does the tick box do? I have a Ford with a My Connection stereo with bluetooth. It works well, but still worse than my old N8.
For example, I have to be listening to BT music to receive sound notifications and calls from my Lumia 920. This is not cool, as the vibration and rign on the phone get disabled altogether.
I do have problems sometimes with voice commands, basically in that the phone can't seem to understand me, then I strike out of chances to repeat the command or message. Especially with the content of messages. but that might be because of the awful data connection of my isp.

So I wonder if this changes in GDR3.

bruceabbott2

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody with poor bluetooth audio quality had it improve with GDR3? My iDevice always played high quality music when my 1020 always sounded tinny and as if it were playing through a standard bluetooth headset.

nordicpc

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine got worse :(
I have a Pioneer Bluetooth setup, and while it would connect before, I'd always have to type in my PIN code to connect. After the upgrade, I had the same issue, so I thought I'd remove the pairing and try to set it up again. Now it won't connect at all. I'm thinking I'll put the factory setup (Nissan Rockford Fosgate) back in and see if it's better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster