Hey Everybody!

So I am playing around making my first Windows Phone app and I have run into a problem.
    When I created the app I named it Tip Calculator, so I assumed when I installed it on the emulator that it would show up as Tip Calculator. For some reason it shows up as Tip_Calculator.

Here is a picture:
    tpss.png

Do I need to change this somewhere? I feel like there is a very simple solution to this but I can't find it.
    01-10-2014 08:19 PM
    Is there an app in the store already named Tip Calculator ? Yes at least dozen - why not keep it at Tip_Calculator ?
    01-10-2014 10:17 PM
    Is there an app in the store already named Tip Calculator ? Yes at least dozen - why not keep it at Tip_Calculator ?
    Its not so much about making my app unique, its making sure I can correct this in making other apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    01-10-2014 10:26 PM
    You can edit WMAppManifest.xml (located in the Properties folder of your project folder) to achieve an app rename and other things such as setting capabilities for your app. You should edit WMAppManifest.xml in Visual Studio to be safe. It's an xml file, but Visual Studio has a special interface for it.
    BrandonCormier likes this.
    01-11-2014 12:08 AM
    Double Click the WMAppmanifest (I hope you are coding in C# and XAML) and then proceed to the last tab where you can change the name of the app.
    You can also edit other properties by right clicking the solution and selecting Properties in the drop down menu.
    BrandonCormier likes this.
    01-11-2014 12:31 AM
    Thanks guys! Can't believe it took me so long to find lol.
    01-11-2014 04:18 PM