Is appstudio currently broken?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I recently got a used Lumia 920 to use as a development and test device.

I logged into appstudio from it, installed the certificate from "prerequisites" on one of my projects, then tried to install the apps from the link with the QR code. I've done this before many times on my other devices and it has always worked, until now.

When I go to install an app I get a "Can't install company app" error. "Before you can install this app, you need to add a Microsoft Corporation workplace account. Contact your company's support person for help."

I think there's some error installing the certificate but darned if I know how to get the phone to tell me what it is.

If you use appstudio and have another device handy, could you check and see if you have the same problem?

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, 54 views and nobody else has experienced this?

Maybe I'll wipe the device and start over. Unlike my primary 1020, this device can make a successful backup...

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I got this today from Microsoft App Studio forum. I just checked, and the problem is indeed resolved.

Hello everyone,

First we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the failing cert has caused for any of you.

Next, We would like to let you know that the problem is now resolved. We had loaded the wrong cert into the latest site revision, which is now fixed.
Please go ahead and load the cert again, and it will now allow you to properly load it as well as your app package.

Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

The App Studio Team

The Microsoft Developer Network

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra