Nothing happens when I "Tap to open" to try and install the Windows App Studio certificate.

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Nothing happens when I "Tap to open" to try and install the Windows App Studio certificate.

I am trying to sideload an app I created in AppStudio. I have a Nokia 822 Verizon W8 phone. When I try the following step:

>>>"Before you install your Windows App Studio apps you must install this certificate on your phone (click here).<<<

A "key" shows on the screen and says "tap to open". I tap the screen and nothing happens. What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nothing happens when I "Tap to open" to try and install the Windows App Studio certificate.

I keep getting this message when trying to install the app.

>>>Can't install company app. Before you can install this app. you need to add a Microsoft Corporation company account. Contact your company's support person for help.<<<

I have "tried" to install the certificate but it stays on the "key" screen and never seems to fully download. Any ideas as to what I could be doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for any help,

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nothing happens when I "Tap to open" to try and install the Windows App Studio certificate.

I'm having the Same problem.
Please some one reply.
Your small help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Vinu

NaMit GrOver

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

M having exactly same problem! N it is pissing me off :( please anyone help

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

When you open the email tap 1st on Install certificate...it will seem that nothing happens...then tap on the name of your app..it should indicate a download..then check your list of apps and it should be there

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

"should" is the operative word here. It used to work that way and now it doesn't.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Make sure you are downloading the "installable" app

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I got this today from Microsoft App Studio forum. I just checked, and the problem is indeed resolved.

Hello everyone,

First we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the failing cert has caused for any of you.

Next, We would like to let you know that the problem is now resolved. We had loaded the wrong cert into the latest site revision, which is now fixed.
Please go ahead and load the cert again, and it will now allow you to properly load it as well as your app package.

Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

The App Studio Team

The Microsoft Developer Network

walpy207

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I haven't created an app, I'm trying to install DP on my Icon... Still the Tap to Load key from the email doesn't work. I'm not good with this stuff... any help is more than welcomed!

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Go to Settings > storage sense.
Change "Store new downloads.." and "Store new aps.." from SD to the Phone
Now try to install it again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium