Windows Update won't complete, tried everything

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,
so I have a Windows Update (KB5006738) that is waiting to be installed and it just can't do it (error code 0x800f0845).

When I try to install it every time it downloads successfully, reboots and after the spinning circle screen it goes to the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" blue screen. Does it twice, and then just restores the updates. I tried EVERYTHING. (uninstalling/disabling antivirus (bitdefender and windows defender), trying safe mode, removing/renaming SoftwareDistribution and catroot2, disabling paging file, running dism and sfc, running ram check, updating drivers using devmgmt.msc Auto Update and Snappy Driver Installer Origin, using update troubleshooter (which doesn't see any issue), removing many files to have more than 60 gb of free disk space, installing the update using a file from Microsoft's website etc.)
My device is an ASUS UX410UAK (i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 620, W10 Home 64-bit 21H1, latest BIOS).

I would normally just ignore this and not update, however I want to get Windows 11 (by using a registry trick, worked perfectly fine on another "incompatible" computer) and when I try to install the exact same problem happens with a different error code of "0xc1900101 - 0x40017".

Thanks for any help!

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Some of your system update files are corrupted and windows update troubleshooter didn't make any difference. Did you try "Windows Update Agent" which is on Microsoft Official ISO download page. If no then try it. If unsuccessful then fix this issue with SFC & DISM tools...

You can also download and install update from "Windows Update Catalog".

Try these I hope your problem will be solved....

senge1337

Nov 5, 2021
Visit site
Some of your system update files are corrupted and windows update troubleshooter didn't make any difference. Did you try "Windows Update Agent" which is on Microsoft Official ISO download page. If no then try it. If unsuccessful then fix this issue with SFC & DISM tools...

You can also download and install update from "Windows Update Catalog".

Try these I hope your problem will be solved....

Nice, didn't even read the message. Tried all of those solutions already, none of them worked.
Well, except the Windows Update Agent. Going to try it.

Edit: Tried it, didn't work. The Windows UpGRADE (Not update) Assistant just doesn't work since I already have the latest major version (which I also said in the message :facepalm:) and the Update Agent is a thing for Windows 7 and doesn't even run on Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3