Any developers looking for app suggestions?

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea how to develop the app, but recently I've been thinking a shopping list app that would work by using the camera to scan the product UPC or QR code to add it your shopping list would be a cool idea. Maybe something that could integrate into one note would be even better

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've moved your thread to the Developers Corner forum, since you'll probably get more developers to notice it there.

Good luck.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea how to develop the app, but recently I've been thinking a shopping list app that would work by using the camera to scan the product UPC or QR code to add it your shopping list would be a cool idea. Maybe something that could integrate into one note would be even better

Would you be willing to create an excel sheet mapping the QR code numbers to the product names the app should know about? You don't need a developer for that, and I'm sure having that would make it easy to find someone to make the app.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought there was some kind of central database or web site the most of the code scanning apps already use? I would be willing to help, but would have no idea where to start.

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what the situation is in the U.S. (assuming that is where you are from). At least where I live, and AFAIK, there is no central repository for such codes that is correct, regularly updated and free. Of course it's possible to gain access to such databases, but that tends to cost quite a bit, again... at least where I live.

My main point is that I think you need to turn up not just with an idea (those are a dime a dozen), but also with some concrete points about how the solution would work, most importantly, where this data would come from and how it's guaranteed to remain current. If you can do that, I'm sure you'd have a lot easier time piquing a developers interest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon