Best Way To Make Money Off An App?

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
HI,
I'm developing an NHL app for Windows phone and was wondering what the best way to make money ff the app would be? Should it be a trial then $.99 or should I use ads? Maybe a free version with some basic features and a full paid version? Please send me some suggestions below! Thanks

grosssmutttr

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
In my experience the best progress is to use a free model with ads and an in-app-purchase to remove the ads (about 1,99$)

Problem with paid app is that you must spent thousands of dollars in marketing to get your app recognized and with a free model everyone can test your app before investing.

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Aren't trial version work exactly that way? Use ads at trial version and remove the ads once users bought the app. This is the common practice when IAP does not available back then.

The advantage of trial-paid method is that users know in advance about the app price prior downloading the app. The disadvantage of it is that it only has one set of price.

On the other hand, the free-IAP method has disadvantage of user never know whether the app actually free or are there any payments needed. But it has advantage at it can deliver more than one set of goods. Pay 0.99 for feature A, and then another 0.99 for feature B, etc. This can be handy for a big apps which usually high priced since all features are combined. But on the other side, users might not need all features. By breaking into smaller features, it's a win-win for both devs and users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon