My Edge browser won't sync on my Surface 3

carloswin07

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10, a Surface 3 which I also upgraded to Windows 10, and a Lumia 950.
After upgrading my laptop and surface, my favorites were simply imported from my Internet Explorer favorites (which synced perfectly on W8.1 & WP8.1). Now I am using Microsoft Edge and my favorites sync between my Lumia 950 and my laptop (most of the time), but they do not sync with my Surface 3. I have included a screenshot showing the dilema that I am dealing with.
On my surface, Edge tells me that I have to turn on syncing on settings to be able to sync Edge favorites. However, the syncing settings are turned on under settings. (Yes, I am using the same Microsoft account on all devices) And I've had this issue since upgrading.
What can I do here?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot (EDGE).jpg
    Screenshot (EDGE).jpg
    356 KB · Views: 1

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Join the club. I have Edge on three computers, a dell desktop, a dell inspiron laptop, surface pro 2, lumia 950 XL, lumia Icon, Lumia 822. The syncing in Edge is atrocious. Sometimes it syncs (partially) between my desktop and 950, but when i alter my sp2 it does nothing but when i alter my desktop is sometimes syncs partially with the pro 2, the laptop syncs with the pro 2, sometimes, but not the desktop, and the phone syncs with nothing but recieves some of the changes from the desktop and laptop. As you can see, it's just a hot mess. I am not using Edge any more on the desktop until significant changes are made, back to IE11. The syncing on IE11 was flawless. As soon as I added a favorite or even changed the order in which the favorite was placed among the others, it would sync across all devices and phones almost instantly. With Edge i have to wait 10 min 20 min hours and it only partially syncs and even that is inconsistent depending on which device im using! So you are not the only one, i feel your pain. If i could get IE11 on my 950 XL i would use that, maybe ill try the UC browser.

carloswin07

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for sharing Lumious! I at least feel, a little relief to know that I am not the only one going through this. It is still very aggravating to not sync this perfectly as it was with IE11. I wish they had left IE on Windows 10 mobile just like Windows 10 for desktops.
And like we've had to say many times before, we'll just have to wait and see!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2