EXCLUSIVE: Microsoft will unveil OLED Surface Pro 10 and Arm Surface Laptop 6 this month ahead of major Windows 11 AI update

ShinyProton

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
Microsoft can't ship the ARM version before Qualcomm releases the CPU, thus the later release date.
As for the "custom version", don't believe the hype as it's usually irrelevant.

Can't wait for March 21st... I want to see the new outrageous pricing model and this "AI PC" marketing BS.

Reactions: Arun Topez

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
No OLED on the SL6?

Regardless this is great news. I'm waiting for the ARM SL6 but being able to see it this month will really help with the wait. Being able to get an idea of it by seeing reviews of the Intel SL6.

Can't wait.

Hanley Gibbons

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
OLED over Mini LED is an interesting choice for a productivity device

Higher power consumption (in a device that already had pitiful battery life), lower brightness, decreasing brightness over time, and the risk of static image burn in a la the taskbar. We'll see

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Hopefully there's a way to turn off all that AI stuff. Could care less about that, and just sounds more intrusive than Win11 already is, unless that explorer feature is specifically on-board and not sending any data to the mothership.

I won't be surprised if they use that "AI PC" marketing buzzword to price it even more outrageous than they already do. Even though ironically, it should technically be the opposite since one of the selling points of "AI" in general is to save costs and time.

If this is going to compete harder with iPad Pro, it'll need a more inking and touch friendly OS. We're all still waiting for a proper Tablet Mode. If Windows can't keep up with the hardware innovation, then it's going to be their downfall.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"Hopefully there's a way to turn off all that AI stuff."

Even better if the Absolute Ignorance stuff is all off by default.

Last edited:

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully there's a way to turn off all that AI stuff. Could care less about that, and just sounds more intrusive than Win11 already is, unless that explorer feature is specifically on-board and not sending any data to the mothership.
It's Couldn't Care Less.

Could Care Less literally means you Care, which I don't think is what you're saying.

I won't be surprised if they use that "AI PC" marketing buzzword to price it even more outrageous than they already do.
I can't see Microsoft charging OEMS more for Windows licences off the back of this. It's also not a price consumers see so it wouldn't benefit in the way you're suggesting too.

If this is going to compete harder with iPad Pro, it'll need a more inking and touch friendly OS. We're all still waiting for a proper Tablet Mode. If Windows can't keep up with the hardware innovation, then it's going to be their downfall.
There's a reason Windows 11 has no Tablet Mode. Microsoft stopped competing with iPads.

I think only a niche of users are still interested in a Tablet Mode on Windows tbh. Always was a terrible idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital