Edge Still Not Syncing Favorites since Fall Creators Update

ilabene

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of people had this same issue after the Fall Creators Update. I figured the issue would resolve itself after the Spring update but that's not happening. I still have my Favorites on my laptop I've been using since 2011. But my favorites still haven't synced to my Surface nor my two mobile devices I've used since the Fall Creators Update--a Lumia 950 and Samsung Galaxy S8+.

I haven't tried turning the sync option off and on again because I've seen other people say it just completely removed all their Favorites.

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

Last edited:

sammyd710730

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
Edge was syncing fine for me until I upgraded to 17763.1 today via Windows Update. Saw some posts in the Feedback Hub, hopefully Microsoft has a response soon.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Edge favorites haven't been syncing for some time. Tried all solutions found on web and none work. My Desktop and 950xl lost my Edge favorites months ago and have yet to sync. My SP5 is the only Windows 10 device that has my original Edge favorites list. I've since started new favorites lists on 950xl and desktop. Keep in mind these new favorites lists are not syncing even though sync is turned on in Edge and under accounts. Now, I can't download books on my 950xl.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 desktops (one I use all the time and the other I rarely use Edge), a Surface Pro (1st gen), an 8" tablet (Nuvision), and a Lumia Icon.
All the computers are running some variant of Version 1809 and the phone is running 1709 (registry hack to make it think it's a Lumia 950XL).
I rarely use my Surface Pro and 8" tablet.
I turned on the 8" and it's favorites were blank.
Once that happened, my phone's favorites went blank.
I'm pretty sure that they were both synced with my main desktop (maybe an older sync as my list has been mostly the same for years).
I waited a couple days, hoping they would come back.
Then, I added a couple favorites on my phone, hoping it would kickstart a sync.
Those favorites showed up on my 8" tablet, but never showed up on the desktop.
I have since removed all the favorites from my phone, but the tablet still shows the phone favorites.
I wanted to check the Surface Pro, and it looked like it was in sync with the main desktop (again, must have been an older sync as a couple were missing).
While I was looking at it, they favorites changed.
They went from a full list to a partial list that was out of order.
As I'm typing this, the Surface Pro favorites changed again.
Now it's matching the 8" tablet (which used to match my phone, but now doesn't).
My other desktop had a partial list from the phone (must have been an partial or old version after it went blank).
Now, it matches the tablets.
Of course, all devices have sync enabled.

So, out of 5 devices, 3 of them match.
Unfortunately, it's not matching what it should match (main desktop).
My phone is completely blank.

If favorites won't sync, is there a way to import the favorites file that desktop Windows 10 exports on the phone?
Obviously, I can just import it on the computers.
I'm thinking about deleting the favorites from my main computer and see if it will sync with the other devices.
JJ

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I deleted all the favorites from my main desktop, rebooted turned off/on syncing, rebooted all the other devices, etc...
Nothing changed (Surface Pro, NuVision, secondary desktop all matched), phone was empty, main desktop was empty.
I read something in another thread about "fixing" Edge in Settings - Apps, so I thought I would give it a try.
Start - Settings - Apps - Edge - Advanced - Repair
Now my main desktop favorites match the other 3 devices that are syncing.
Of course, those aren't the favorites that I actually want.
Hehehe...
I did export my favorites, though, so I'll delete the current ones and import.
Hopefully, it will sync to the other devices.
Unfortunately, it might not make it to the phone (it's not matching the others).
The phone doesn't have a Repair option (although it does have the Reset option).
JJ

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
After a couple hours, my Surface Pro and 8" tablet have empty favorites.
My secondary computer still has the post-blank 2 favorites, but I suspect it will go blank before too long.
My phone is blank, but it was blank already.
I'll import my favorites back into my main computer and see if it propagates to the other devices.
JJ

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly enough, I looked at Internet Explorer on the main computer and it had what looks to be updated favorites.
They were all out of order, there were duplicates, and it seems like a combination of multiple syncs (some old stuff that should have been removed and some new things that are just a couple weeks old).
Regardless, I deleted everything out of it as well.
JJ

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I think my problem was my SP5. Once I turned off sync and back on again, my favorites eventually synced on my 950xl and other devices. Mostly intact across devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon