Rise of the Tomb Raider Windows 10 @ Windows Store $9

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Rise of the Tomb Raider Windows 10 for $9.12 or $9.39 at the Windows Store

It's a Windows 10 only game!

1. Make sure you have at least 30GB of free space on your C drive, or have changed your windows settings to save apps to your preferred drive. also, make sure you don't have any pending major windows updates, or the windows store will force you to install them first.
  2. Hit the windows key to bring up the start bar, and type 'region', click 'region and language settings'
  3. Make your region ukraine or india depending on the country you've chosen
  4. Open the Windows Store app in Windows 10. Or if the app is already open, you may have to refresh the store
  5. Search for Rise of the Tomb Raider
  6. It will be in Ukranian or Indian currency. Don't worry, when you buy with your US credit card, it will be around $9.39 (from Ukranian to US) or $9.12 if you do Indian.
  7. Buy it and use your card with all the proper billing details EXCEPT region, which will default to ukraine/india, don't worry, that's okay (afaik)
  8. Once the download starts it will be slow because of that region's servers. Stop the download. Switch the region back to the United States. Restart the download to get US server speeds.

Who knows when Microsoft will close this region loophole.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Rise of the Tomb Raider Windows 10 for $9.12 or $9.39 at the Windows Store

It's a Windows 10 only game!

1. Make sure you have at least 30GB of free space on your C drive, or have changed your windows settings to save apps to your preferred drive. also, make sure you don't have any pending major windows updates, or the windows store will force you to install them first.
  2. Hit the windows key to bring up the start bar, and type 'region', click 'region and language settings'
  3. Make your region ukraine or india depending on the country you've chosen
  4. Open the Windows Store app in Windows 10. Or if the app is already open, you may have to refresh the store
  5. Search for Rise of the Tomb Raider
  6. It will be in Ukranian or Indian currency. Don't worry, when you buy with your US credit card, it will be around $9.39 (from Ukranian to US) or $9.12 if you do Indian.
  7. Buy it and use your card with all the proper billing details EXCEPT region, which will default to ukraine/india, don't worry, that's okay (afaik)
  8. Once the download starts it will be slow because of that region's servers. Stop the download. Switch the region back to the United States. Restart the download to get US server speeds.

Who knows when Microsoft will close this region loophole.

One little detail, you're overlooking when you need to re-install it you're going to have to switch regions :p. Oh, not to mention this may not play nicely if the game becomes a cross a buy, cross play title when the xbox store is opened.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
No you don't. I'm playing it in the US region. The game is region free. Once it's in your account, it's in your account. Just as if you live in the US and move to England. It's still your Microsoft account. It won't suddenly invalidate all your US purchases.

You can keep dreaming about this game being "crossbuy". Microsoft only does that for little arcade titles. Not AAA releases.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No you don't. I'm playing it in the US region. The game is region free. Once it's in your account, it's in your account. Just as if you live in the US and move to England. It's still your Microsoft account. It won't suddenly invalidate all your US purchases.

You can keep dreaming about this game being "crossbuy". Microsoft only does that for little arcade titles. Not AAA releases.

The reason I say that, as a trial (what can I say I was curious lol) I downloaded some games when they free for india (some of the angry bird games) after changing regions and then uninstalled them.

Changed back to own region and bought the games.

Yes, that's right I bought them they were only 80 pence each... if they were tied to the account then they should have just installed right? :winktongue:

Marko BL

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Nice trick. I'm currently thinking to buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition.

The problem is: it's not available in the German store, so will I be able to play it, when I buy it when I in another store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes