Anybody having super hot battery on their L920 when playing Spartan Assault?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Woah!

The battery burns?!

Is the heat coming from the top?, because it might be the processor.

Last edited:

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's the processor,

It's normal for it to do that, although i think the heat is less intensive than what you described it as.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Most games make my Lumia 920 hot... One of main reasons I don't play much on it... Battery and heat.

I will get this game on my surface when I have a chance.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Happens with Asphalt also. But Halo burns quick and Dylan is not over exaggerating my fingers burn.
After 1 mission with burning fingers I went to check my battery and it went down 5%. It went down another 10%(!) while the heat was still cooling down.

Not a portable game.

angelsimaren

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the only way to not feel the heat is to use a hard case that way your hands down feel the warmth as much. I have to sometimes use a case when playing Gameloft games on my 920. I did hear that you can turn down your brightness, turn off your Bluetooth and NFC sharing - that reduces the heat some. However, if you want to keep from noticing the heat so much, I would use a case.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The game in general causes phones to heat up, I believe. My Nokia Lumia 822 gets fairly warm, but never "burning". Additionally the battery does have a noticeable decrease while playing the game, but no where near as "extreme" as your case sounds. With patches coming in the near future, some of the quirks with this game should hopefully be worked out.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is a hardware issue. The processors we're running seem to have a tendency to get excessive warm regardless of the platform. I've seen similar complaints with the Z10, Galaxy S3 and HTC S all which run the same hardware. If I didn't know any better I'd say our processors are overclocked to enhance performance.

I have to say, this has been one of the big deterrents to continue gaming. The problem is that this overheating seems to be tied to excessive battery drain. Every time I've found my phone dead in the morning, it's followed a long gaming session with the phone running hot. Battery life will be awesome with regular use and light gaming. But the moment I play a demanding game for a few hours I end up with problems.

I hope with the next generation of Lumias they select better hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon