Hey guys,

So I just discovered that my Nokia Lumia 1520 (Philippine Variant) has a new firmware available through the Windows Device Recovery Tool which was not released OTA (Over the Air)

I am hesitant though to install this update because I do not want to lose my game progress specifically for GTA San Andreas, Hitman Go and Halo Spartan Assault. I spent too much time playing these games that I do not want them wiped out.

Now my question is, do these games get backed up through the back up app settings?
    When I check the windows phone FAQs it states that the backup feature backs up High Score and Game Progress from participating apps.

These 3 games do not indicate if they're a "participating app".
    Does anyone have experience backing up and restoring these games successfully?

wp_20151018_22_12_41_pro_zpsnegwjokx.jpg

back-up.jpg
    10-19-2015 10:11 AM
    Hey guys,

So I just discovered that my Nokia Lumia 1520 (Philippine Variant) has a new firmware available through the Windows Device Recovery Tool which was not released OTA (Over the Air)

I am hesitant though to install this update because I do not want to lose my game progress specifically for GTA San Andreas, Hitman Go and Halo Spartan Assault. I spent too much time playing these games that I do not want them wiped out.

Now my question is, do these games get backed up through the back up app settings?
    When I check the windows phone FAQs it states that the backup feature backs up High Score and Game Progress from participating apps.

These 3 games do not indicate if they're a "participating app".
    Does anyone have experience backing up and restoring these games successfully?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151018_22_12_41_Pro_zpsnegwjokx.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	114657

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back up.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	114658
    Halo game progress is synced to the cloud, so it's better than backup.

Make sure you stick your GTA saves online (bottom two save slots, I think they're yellow) because you'll probably lose the rest.

I lost my Hitman Go stuff so I think that might be toast.
    10-19-2015 10:27 AM
    Woah I never thought GTA supported cloud sync.
    So if I download it again, it will just recognize my MS account and retrieve my progress?
    10-19-2015 10:53 AM
    Spartan Assault and Strike connected to Xbox so that was nice.

GTA San Andreas, I played it on desktop Windows - I had to sign in with a Rockstar Account before I could save to the cloud. An extra step, but worth considering the data at stake.
    10-19-2015 11:11 AM
    ^ so you're talking about the desktop version of GTA San Andreas? I'm talking about the phone version hehe
    10-19-2015 07:02 PM
    ^ so you're talking about the desktop version of GTA San Andreas? I'm talking about the phone version hehe
    I was talking about the tablet version from the store which I was under the impression was the same or otherwise very similar to the iOS, Windows Phone port etc.
    10-19-2015 09:51 PM
    ^ Oh apparently GTA San Andreas isn't a universal app. So the phone version and tablet version isn't the same.
    It's really frustrating that a big game like this does not support cloud sync for saving game progress.
    10-20-2015 11:34 AM
    ^ Oh apparently GTA San Andreas isn't a universal app. So the phone version and tablet version isn't the same.
    It's really frustrating that a big game like this does not support cloud sync for saving game progress.
    But please check though, you gotta have some kind of online save slot!
    10-20-2015 11:45 AM